Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2010, 03:54 PM

1 posts, read 3,148 times

Advertisements

Hey all,

My husband got a double parking ticket today while driving my sister's car that we borrowed for the week. The cop took all his information and gave him a copy of the ticket. If we just pay the ticket, does anyone know if they are still going to send a copy of the ticket to the address where the car is registered (my sister's address) or to the address on his driver's lisence (our address). I'd rather my sister not know about this ticket if possible!

Thanks!
Snownyc
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2010, 04:27 PM

43,646 posts, read 44,368,561 times
I think if you pay the ticket promptly then nothing will be sent out by mail to anyone's address.

Old 01-04-2010, 04:29 PM

1,056 posts, read 2,140,404 times
parking offenses go to the owner of the car.

Old 01-04-2010, 08:00 PM

4,502 posts, read 13,468,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KENNY GUIDO View Post
parking offenses go to the owner of the car.
But if you pay it ON TIME, nothing will be mailed to the owner of the car.

To the OP, I suggest you pay this ticket NOW... don't let it get lost in the shuffle if you don't want your sis to find out. Write a check, mail it Priority w/Delivery Confirmation so you can be sure it was received.

Old 01-04-2010, 08:03 PM

904 posts, read 2,872,550 times
You don't get anything in the mail for a parking ticket if you pay on time. They just stick it on the windshield or hand it to you and that's it. You can pay through the NYC Dept. of Finance website, google it. There's a small service charge, but it's the easiest way. Just pay the ticket as soon as possible and everything will be fine.

Old 01-04-2010, 09:28 PM

34,078 posts, read 47,269,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snownyc View Post
Hey all,

My husband got a double parking ticket today while driving my sister's car that we borrowed for the week. The cop took all his information and gave him a copy of the ticket. If we just pay the ticket, does anyone know if they are still going to send a copy of the ticket to the address where the car is registered (my sister's address) or to the address on his driver's lisence (our address). I'd rather my sister not know about this ticket if possible!

Thanks!
Snownyc
the only time you get a ticket in the mail is if you run a red light and you get caught by the camera. which gets mailed to the registered owner of the vehicle.

Forum TOS: https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 01-06-2010, 08:30 AM

1,056 posts, read 2,140,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omigawd View Post
But if you pay it ON TIME, nothing will be mailed to the owner of the car.

To the OP, I suggest you pay this ticket NOW... don't let it get lost in the shuffle if you don't want your sis to find out. Write a check, mail it Priority w/Delivery Confirmation so you can be sure it was received.
but it is "noted". if the owner of the car digs up the history of his car, it will come up.

Old 01-07-2010, 10:55 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,739,571 times
Only scofflaw tickets show up under the license plate. If the ticket is paid on time then there is nothing listed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City