Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2009, 05:10 PM

5 posts, read 64,080 times

Advertisements

Where is a good place for a 24 year old (white, if that has anything to say) male to go for halloween?
I live upstate, working as an au pair. None of my other au pair friends know what to do for halloween, so I would like to know of a good place to go for a party.
A place with dancefloor and people at my age. If it is a lot of latin and/or black girls there, it would be awesome, but the most important thing is that its people my own age there, and lively. And not play alot of hiphop. But reggaeton is just fine!

PS. I'll be dressing up as a viking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2009, 05:27 PM

43,733 posts, read 44,505,107 times
There is a Halloween Parade in Manhattan: New York's Village Halloween Parade, Jeanne Fleming, Director .

Old 10-26-2009, 06:52 PM

257 posts, read 824,988 times
parade.

Old 10-26-2009, 07:11 PM

4,471 posts, read 9,843,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ak1984 View Post
If it is a lot of latin and/or black girls there, it would be awesome
I would check out M2 at night. Last time i was there there were tons of black and latin girls there. Although they do play hip hop. Ive been there twice and the first time it was a lot of house and the second it was mostly hip hop, but the second time Kerri Hilson was preforming so that may add to it. I don't think the tickets are that expensive for halloween either. Its a fun place you might like it!

Old 10-26-2009, 07:18 PM

988 posts, read 3,257,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiogirl22 View Post
I would check out M2 at night. Last time i was there there were tons of black and latin girls there. Although they do play hip hop. Ive been there twice and the first time it was a lot of house and the second it was mostly hip hop, but the second time Kerri Hilson was preforming so that may add to it. I don't think the tickets are that expensive for halloween either. Its a fun place you might like it!
To Add about M2...Get there early and cover will be much higher for males, my wife got in free, I paid $30 with a promotor. Try to meet females on the way or in line so it could up your chances of getting in, the doormen there are known to be picky.

Old 10-26-2009, 08:37 PM

195 posts, read 472,620 times
most places are charging $30 or so, but having never been to a place with such a cover, what does this cover charge get you? are there free drinks/cheaper drinks or free food inside? what am I paying $30 for?

Old 10-26-2009, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatwhale View Post
most places are charging $30 or so, but having never been to a place with such a cover, what does this cover charge get you? are there free drinks/cheaper drinks or free food inside? what am I paying $30 for?

Haha. food um no. free/cheap drinks. nope. If you go in with a promoter he may let you drink from his bottle but its mostly for girls and HIS actual friends.

The cover is basically just to walk through the door. I know the coat check is $5 PER PIECE so if u have a scarf and a coat its $10. You are basically paying $30 becasue you werent born a girl. $30 is a cheap cover. I think m2 only carges $15. Thats what I paid once at Marquee when i went just with friends and no promoter. ALthough for halloween you can buy tickets in advance.

Old 10-26-2009, 09:13 PM

182 posts, read 512,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ak1984 View Post
(white, if that has anything to say)

if it is a lot of latin and/or black girls there, it would be awesome.
lol :d:d:d:d

Old 10-26-2009, 09:26 PM

5 posts, read 64,080 times
Thanks for the tips. M2 have not gotten good reviews though: M2 Ultra Lounge Club in New York, NY - Clubplanet.com

I found this site of halloween parties:
Halloween Events: New York 2009: NYC Events, Clubs, Bars, Parties | Halloween Guide

Which of these places would you recommend, according to my wishes? Which ones will be most popular you think?

Old 10-26-2009, 09:38 PM

Mod cut: off topicI try not to go by what club planet says becasue its usually people who have some sort of chip on their sholder. It does say the Halloween tickets at $45

Last edited by Viralmd; 10-27-2009 at 05:48 AM.. Reason: Off topic
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City