Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2009, 04:01 PM

674 posts, read 1,819,561 times

Advertisements

Crime Stats in this city is such garbage

are u telling me 3 people got killed in washington heights last year because thats what they are saying on the crime stats dont belive me here look at this http://www.nyc.gov/html/nypd/downloa...s/cs034pct.pdf
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2009, 05:33 PM

2,764 posts, read 6,789,517 times
yeah that is crap - that is what they reported, who believes this? They should tellthat to the 12 people whose family members were killed there last year. What a bunch of crap.

Old 02-20-2009, 05:47 PM

5,720 posts, read 20,109,835 times
Yeah, there's no way Washington Heights had only 3 homicides last year.

The Heights looks way too hood. By looking at it, the total should be closer to 15.

How do you go from 103 homicides to less than 5 in 19 years?

Everytime I go to the Heights I always see garbage on the streets. I see graffiti EVERYWHERE, and IMO it's the neighborhood with the most graffiti in the city. I see groups of young adult men all over those tight tenement blocks, selling drugs, smoking weed, or yelling loud. Dont forget about the upstairs neighbor blaring music till dawn!

Tenements, tenements, tenements for miles, on every single block. IMO, it's as bad as the Bronx. I dont go into Washington Heights ever thinking, "Ok im safer here". That is why 3 homicides is Mod cut: language.

Last edited by Viralmd; 02-20-2009 at 06:41 PM.. Reason: Language

Old 02-20-2009, 05:49 PM

2,764 posts, read 6,789,517 times
Simple you lie - LOL. I guess the heights are the next place the gentrification will start.

Old 02-20-2009, 05:54 PM

61,254 posts, read 87,733,350 times
dont know your area but the tweak the stats big time here, they write up 1 out of 3 crimes.
we have no crime, just personal incidents and false alarms.

Old 02-20-2009, 06:00 PM

this is ridiculous i mean i was talking to a freind of mine on aim a couple minutes ago and he sais that there was an occasion last year were their were 3 people killed in a drive by and their telling us that was it please nypd dont insult our intelligence

Old 02-20-2009, 08:19 PM

67 posts, read 309,009 times
You really can't deep-six a homicide.. most likely whatever homicides you're thinking of occurred in another precinct and was recorded there.

Old 02-20-2009, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moocat View Post
You really can't deep-six a homicide.. most likely whatever homicides you're thinking of occurred in another precinct and was recorded there.

Of course you can my man in the heights said across the street from his house (which is 7 or 8 blocks away from the precinct) one night in summer some kids from a different neighboorhood went to cause mischief and they came hung out in the vacant lot selling im assuming was drugs and the rival crerw saw them went got their guns came back and did a drive by killing 3 of the 5 guys by spraying the place with automatic fire and rumor around his block has it that the police didnt come until nearly 30 MINUTES after this happened!!! and whn i went there to hang the next week he showed me the bullet holes in the gate and building.

Old 02-20-2009, 11:03 PM

12,339 posts, read 26,246,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRS88 View Post
Of course you can my man in the heights said across the street from his house (which is 7 or 8 blocks away from the precinct) one night in summer some kids from a different neighboorhood went to cause mischief and they came hung out in the vacant lot selling im assuming was drugs and the rival crerw saw them went got their guns came back and did a drive by killing 3 of the 5 guys by spraying the place with automatic fire and rumor around his block has it that the police didnt come until nearly 30 MINUTES after this happened!!! and whn i went there to hang the next week he showed me the bullet holes in the gate and building.
Oh, those three guys? They were classified as suicides.

Doesn't everybody know it's suicide to go onto some other gang's turf in a different neighborhood and start selling drugs?

Old 02-22-2009, 12:35 AM

283 posts, read 1,074,719 times
It's pretty tough to lie about homicides. I think you guys might be overlooking the fact that Washington Heights is covered by both the 33rd and 34th Precincts, and some of the rougher areas are in the 33rd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City