Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who Should Get Hillary Clinton's Senate Seat: Caroline Kennedy Schlossberg or Andrew Cuomo
Andrew Cuomo 14 43.75%
Caroline Kennedy Schlossberg 7 21.88%
Other, Please Post 9 28.13%
Not Sure 2 6.25%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2008, 09:53 AM

3,301 posts, read 6,332,308 times

Advertisements

Who Should Get Hillary Clinton's Senate Seat: Caroline Kennedy Schlossberg or Andrew Cuomo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2008, 09:59 AM

3,225 posts, read 8,579,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudCapMarine View Post
Who Should Get Hillary Clinton's Senate Seat: Caroline Kennedy Schlossberg or Andrew Cuomo
Kennedy as the lesser of two evils.

Old 12-17-2008, 10:12 AM

3,301 posts, read 6,332,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles View Post
Kennedy as the lesser of two evils.
She has NO problems with name recognition that is for sure.

Old 12-17-2008, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudCapMarine View Post
She has NO problems with name recognition that is for sure.
That's right.

Old 12-17-2008, 10:23 AM

7,079 posts, read 37,960,396 times
Andrew Cuomo is also high on the name-recognition index.

And it's Caroline Kennedy, not Caroline Kennedy Schlossberg. She never took Ed Schlossberg's last name.

Old 12-17-2008, 10:37 AM

9,847 posts, read 25,260,513 times
Not sure about Caroline, don't know enough about her honestly. The little I do know is good though. I would like to see some other names throw their hat in.

I don't like Cuomo. He did a lot of slimy things when he was the HUD secretary. Career politician if ever there was one.

As a sidenote, Cuomo's ex wife is a Kennedy and Caroline's cousin. So that throws a nice little interesting dynamic into this mix.

Old 12-17-2008, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NooYowkur81 View Post
I don't like Cuomo. He did a lot of slimy things when he was the HUD secretary. Career politician if ever there was one.

As a sidenote, Cuomo's ex wife is a Kennedy. So that throws a nice little interesting dynamic into this mix.
I feel the same way about Cuomo.

Old 12-18-2008, 08:08 AM

3,120 posts, read 8,071,115 times
Am I the only person who finds the prospect of Caroline Kennedy being nominated to fill Clinton's Senate seat offense? Other than having been born into a wealthy family, what has she done to deserve being made a U.S. Senator? It reeks of our having a monarchy or a class of royalty in this country.

Why not choose a hard working Congressman or member of the state legislature who was born into a family of modest means instead? Surely in a state of over 20 million people there must be someone who's far more qualified than either of these silver spooners.

Old 12-18-2008, 08:25 AM
DAS

2,532 posts, read 6,864,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhaalspawn View Post
Am I the only person who finds the prospect of Caroline Kennedy being nominated to fill Clinton's Senate seat offense? Other than having been born into a wealthy family, what has she done to deserve being made a U.S. Senator? It reeks of our having a monarchy or a class of royalty in this country.

Why not choose a hard working Congressman or member of the state legislature who was born into a family of modest means instead? Surely in a state of over 20 million people there must be someone who's far more qualified than either of these silver spooners.
I don't know if Caroline Kennedy is the most qualified person, I haven't researched everything about all of the people that are interested in the Senate seat. Ultimately there are no candidates, only the Governor can decide.

However she has performed service for the city, and the state in salaried positions, which she took no salary.

In this case just because someone is already a congress person or state senator may not make them the most qualified person. She should not be dismissed because she was born into a wealthy connected family. It may be an asset in this difficult time. Most of the US senators come from those same types of families. She would have no problem getting straight to work and being respected by them, it won't be as hard for her to build up a reputation, she can do it more quickly and get things done.

Old 12-18-2008, 08:52 AM

32,620 posts, read 77,684,261 times
Bloomberg!!!

Last edited by SteelCityRising; 12-18-2008 at 08:53 AM.. Reason: Text Formatting Error
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City