Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2008, 10:15 PM

32 posts, read 168,561 times

Advertisements

All,

My family and I are planning to visit NYC and specifically Central Park on June 7th. I'm looking for a reasonable hotel within a 5 to 10 minute cab ride to 5th Ave and 97th street. There's an event called Mississippi in the Park that we're planning to attend and its my understanding that it will take place in Central Park at 5th Ave and 97th. I looking for a nice safe hotel for my wife and twin girls. Budget: No more than $250-350 a night. Also, we're planning to take the train in from Boston, so getting something near a subway or a train station would be nice.

Thanks
Alabamafam
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2008, 11:03 PM

2 posts, read 10,015 times
Default times square

...just returned from NYC- stayed in the doubletree directly in TS, we paid $230/ night, it was a king sweet on the 36 floor, great view, very clean, nice staff, but a very busy location indeed.

However we also stayed in Hotle 31 (which is more like a hostel) we had a private room, shared bath for $130/night and it was wonderful!! Great location, very cheap, clean and comfortable- but as you mentioned it was a family trip so a standard room might be better for your needs.

Both locations were very close to the park- keep the search up, there is so much to choose from.
Rates in NYC really depend on the time your visiting... ie sun,mon were $230 at DT, tues went to $800 for the same room!

Old 05-12-2008, 07:07 AM

1,278 posts, read 4,101,940 times
Try this one. It's on 76 b/t Madison and 5th. My folks stayed here for 250 a night in the smaller rooms, but I think the prices can vary greatly depending on the week your coming so you will just have to check.

Upper East Side Hotels - Upper East Side New York Hotel - Surrey Hotel

Old 05-12-2008, 12:19 PM

757 posts, read 3,365,143 times
27th Annual Mississippi Day Picnic - New York City Department of Parks & Recreation
It looks like fun!

As it's in the East Meadow, it will be easier for you if you stay on the East Side, with access to the #4, 5 and 6 subway lines or Madison Ave. buses (M-1, M-2, M-3 and M-4).

Boston train (Amtrak) brings you into Penn Station, which is not convenient to the park location you'll be visiting. I think you'll be happier and more comfortable at a location more near the park than the station.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: