Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2021, 04:04 PM

5,450 posts, read 2,720,067 times

Advertisements

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/0...ampaign-484380

Politico

An armed New York mayor? Democratic ex-cop plans to ride an anti-crime message to City Hall.

NEW YORK — After 11 people were fatally shot inside a Pittsburgh synagogue three years ago, a politician nearly 400 miles away demanded an immediate shift in protocol.

“From now on, I will bring my handgun every time I enter a church or synagogue,” Brooklyn Borough President Eric Adams, a retired police captain who is now a leading candidate for New York City mayor, said the following day, encouraging trained cops to do the same.

He wants to reinstate a plainclothes unit disbanded by the NYPD last year to focus on gun safety. He readily denounces the “defund NYPD” slogan that surged after the murder of George Floyd in Minneapolis last year. He has defended the controversial practice of stop-and-frisk if used correctly. He wants spot checks for guns entering the city at Port Authority bus terminals.

A lot more other details in the article.
Could he win?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2021, 06:06 AM

8,378 posts, read 4,398,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbenson View Post
https://www.politico.com/news/2021/0...ampaign-484380

Politico

An armed New York mayor? Democratic ex-cop plans to ride an anti-crime message to City Hall.

NEW YORK — After 11 people were fatally shot inside a Pittsburgh synagogue three years ago, a politician nearly 400 miles away demanded an immediate shift in protocol.

“From now on, I will bring my handgun every time I enter a church or synagogue,” Brooklyn Borough President Eric Adams, a retired police captain who is now a leading candidate for New York City mayor, said the following day, encouraging trained cops to do the same.

He wants to reinstate a plainclothes unit disbanded by the NYPD last year to focus on gun safety. He readily denounces the “defund NYPD” slogan that surged after the murder of George Floyd in Minneapolis last year. He has defended the controversial practice of stop-and-frisk if used correctly. He wants spot checks for guns entering the city at Port Authority bus terminals.

A lot more other details in the article.
Could he win?

Sounds excellent to me. I'm not really familiar with him - how did he do as Brooklyn borough president, did the sane centrist folks and businesses generally like him, do they find him trustworthy, does he normally make the practical effort to do what he says he intends to do?

Old 04-25-2021, 08:11 AM

12,199 posts, read 7,229,268 times
^ Don’t believe everything that article says. IIRC Eric Adams was one of those BLM supporting bandwagoners last year.

This dude sounds like just another pandering hack saying or going with whichever way the wind of popular opinion is blowing at any given time.

Old 04-25-2021, 08:58 AM

2,983 posts, read 1,167,603 times
That article is full of **** adams is a far left loon even more of loon now then ever!!

Old 04-25-2021, 09:18 AM

3,735 posts, read 3,472,420 times
It's Simple. Eric Adam's people ran the numbers and saw most NY'ers want safer streets an are upset with the crime.

They tell Eric, hey... you wanna win this thing? Ok. New Angle... The ANTI CRIME MAYOR!!!!

Pivot to anti crime and hope to get elected. If you do great! No don't do anything about Crime anyway, actually make it worse because your past shows that you are a far leftist BLM supporter and actually were part of the Anti Police "100 Black in Law Enforcement" group that came out against "White Cops" all the time.

He's a politician, don't fall for his sudden 'Anti Crime" stance.

Old 04-25-2021, 10:34 AM

30,640 posts, read 18,242,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RICANRICAN View Post
That article is full of **** adams is a far left loon even more of loon now then ever!!
I don't trust Adams as far as I can throw him. Even if he is sincere here, he has helped to flame the fans of hatred and division with his other stances. That is unforgivable as far as I'm concerned.

Old 04-25-2021, 12:04 PM

690 posts, read 585,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RICANRICAN View Post
Ain't that the truth, even as he lives on a secure army base, while the rest of us are left to fend for ourselves.

Old 04-25-2021, 12:23 PM

5,450 posts, read 2,720,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnrgby View Post
Sounds excellent to me. I'm not really familiar with him - how did he do as Brooklyn borough president, did the sane centrist folks and businesses generally like him, do they find him trustworthy, does he normally make the practical effort to do what he says he intends to do?
basic background, Eric Adams

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_Adams_(politician)

Eric Adams for mayor, website (policies in the Vision tab)

https://www.ericadams2021.com

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_7oFAog9jI

Apr 23, 2021, Interview 9 minutes
talks crime and police reform

Old 04-25-2021, 01:18 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,715,012 times
It's a national problem created by BLM and liberals that supports anarchy behavior like the antifas. When you see Twitter, Google, and Facebook shutdown the alt-rights and keep antifas and BLM groups. This is what you get.

Old 04-25-2021, 06:24 PM

6,454 posts, read 7,012,497 times
Well that was quick..

He has done a quick 180 on everything. He's now against everything he supported just a year ago. Sorry but no.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: