Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2020, 11:21 AM

16,468 posts, read 7,158,075 times

Advertisements

The following is only my opinion.

Governor Cuomo spoke on live television today. 3/26/2020
His genuine concerns for New Yorkers is real.
He is halfway through his third term and wished to get business
running as usual once everyone can come back to work.
Although he is not a fan favorite of mine I admire his attempts to
show that level heads do prevail.

This is where we part ways.

The Governor is upset that the Congress Stimulus Package only
addresses medical needs and not revenue losses as he is asking
for 10-15 billion dollars to cover this shortfall.
Minimal slush fund availability and poor investment practices.
No City can survive by continually giving away free cheese.
You can search my many older posts on this subject matter.

There are 3 million people currently unemployed .
Their jobs are in jeopardy. Regular folks still have
to pay rent ,mortgages and purchase all the necessities just to survive.
New York's financial budget director Robert Mujica will have to monitor
each quarter the financial viability and adjust the budget accordingly and
in a manner that will guarantee our votes in the next elections.

In other words. regular folks are pulling their own weight so can every member
employed within the Congressional District.

To ask for help is one thing ......to look for a Federal bailout .....due to poor city management?

Give a man a loaf of bread and you feed him for a day. Teach him to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.

In closing
( not part of this post ) best wishes to all New Yorkers. Stay Strong. All will be back to normal very soon.................

What is your opinion?
Curious minds would like to know............

Old 03-26-2020, 12:27 PM

450 posts, read 480,855 times
Cuomo is a self interested opportunist. He's using the crisis as a way to bury all of his mismanagement from years past by deflecting any personal wrong doing onto the federal government. Anything to make Trump look bad. Worse is you people are swallowing it up. Heck, you know he's dong a great smoke and mirrors job when even airborne had a post praising him.

Old 03-26-2020, 12:34 PM

12,200 posts, read 7,348,071 times
^ You nailed it manim. Cuomo is a slimeball. I am surprised Mr.Retired fell for it so easily. He is usually very skeptical and astute.

Old 03-26-2020, 12:36 PM

11,197 posts, read 9,204,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manimgarbage View Post
Cuomo is a self interested opportunist. He's using the crisis as a way to bury all of his mismanagement from years past by deflecting any personal wrong doing onto the federal government. Anything to make Trump look bad. Worse is you people are swallowing it up. Heck, you know he's dong a great smoke and mirrors job when even airborne had a post praising him.
I see a potential 2024 Presidential run.. He would do a Chris Christie who got fame after Hurricane Katrina.

Don't see Pence winning if he runs for 2024.

Old 03-26-2020, 12:52 PM

9,519 posts, read 14,880,946 times
I agree. Unlike some other posters I do not have a negative impression of Cuomo. He just presents
as so much rational than that idiot Trump.

Old 03-26-2020, 01:10 PM

14,394 posts, read 11,461,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
I see a potential 2024 Presidential run.. He would do a Chris Christie who got fame after Hurricane Katrina.

Don't see Pence winning if he runs for 2024.
I don’t see Pence running in 2024. He’ll go home to Indiana.

I don’t see Cuomo winning if he runs. Way too much baggage that can get pulled out, going back to his HUD days.

Old 03-26-2020, 01:14 PM

3,401 posts, read 3,622,231 times
Hey, you can’t blame elderly, they are easily emotional, especially during this difficult time. All politicians, doesn’t matter if is the city, county, town, state, federal, all of them are just putting up a show. They have their own goal in mine, and it doesn’t matter if we are in crisis or not. If any of you think politicians care about any individual or family, then you are fooling yourself. No one can take care of you other than yourself.

Old 03-26-2020, 01:19 PM

89,348 posts, read 86,276,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nybklyn View Post
Hey, you can’t blame elderly, they are easily emotional, especially during this difficult time. All politicians, doesn’t matter if is the city, county, town, state, federal, all of them are just putting up a show. They have their own goal in mine, and it doesn’t matter if we are in crisis or not. If any of you think politicians care about any individual or family, then you are fooling yourself. No one can take care of you other than yourself.
What does being elderly have to do with this thread?

Old 03-26-2020, 01:37 PM

4,232 posts, read 4,185,007 times
I don’t see Cuomo doing well in flyover country. He’s too New York and it’s weird he has a strong accent even though he’s third generation Italian-American. (Not a knock on Italians, I am also Italian.)

Old 03-26-2020, 01:40 PM

3,401 posts, read 3,622,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
What does being elderly have to do with this thread?
I believe the older people get, the more emotional they get as well. That’s all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City