Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2016, 08:23 AM

101 posts, read 154,501 times

Advertisements

My list number is in the first few 13xx. Would i have time to go full time college in this coming fall before they call me for orientation? If so, what about spring semester? Just wanna avoid a situation where i have to drop middle semester if im going to be called for orientation and fp

Old 08-02-2016, 09:24 AM

218 posts, read 294,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgunz21z View Post
My list number is in the first few 13xx. Would i have time to go full time college in this coming fall before they call me for orientation? If so, what about spring semester? Just wanna avoid a situation where i have to drop middle semester if im going to be called for orientation and fp
They are up to 1153 right now, some rumors saying they may call up to 1600 this year but not who knows?

Old 08-02-2016, 11:42 AM

186 posts, read 308,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
What does it say about society that the most popular thread on a large public interest forum like Citi-data is always "How can I get a job removing garbage?"
you know what it says, it says that this is a really good job and people like you should keep their comments to themselves. don't judge people for trying to provide for their families. it's people like you that probaly have everything handed to them and don't have to worry about finding a good job. i am proud to be a sanman and lucky to have this job.

Old 08-02-2016, 12:19 PM

529 posts, read 727,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanmandan View Post
you know what it says, it says that this is a really good job and people like you should keep their comments to themselves. don't judge people for trying to provide for their families. it's people like you that probaly have everything handed to them and don't have to worry about finding a good job. i am proud to be a sanman and lucky to have this job.
FACTS. I'm training for a job that's gonna pay me more faster and still gonna leave next year when I get the call. DSNY!!!!!

Old 08-02-2016, 02:41 PM

529 posts, read 727,406 times
Couple people failed road test today

Old 08-02-2016, 03:00 PM

327 posts, read 469,781 times
Quote:
What does it say about society that the most popular thread on a large public interest forum like Citi-data is always "How can I get a job removing garbage?"
That even though unemployment numbers have gone down, wage growth has remained stagnant and thus, a civil service job, is unequivocally desirable for many who are searching for stability at a decent wage.

Old 08-02-2016, 03:05 PM

733 posts, read 724,469 times
They might call 1600 ... Oh I need to get my Cdl !!!!

Old 08-02-2016, 04:23 PM

16 posts, read 20,166 times
Quote:
Because it's the best city job out there. This garbage doesn't fight back unlike what the cops have to deal with. Job security, great benefits, tons of extra money to be made for doing your job. Half day work if u run and dump, double time on charts, sunday, truck , ro-ro etc..

U don't have a clue how much San guys make and what their work schedule are. We have to be there for our entire shift, SanMan don't have to once their route is done or the cutoff time is reach.. Why do you think cops and other city employees transfer over, I think half of the class in right now are combat veterans.

100,000 people took the exam!! Only thing I don't like about the job is that they hired everybody, convicts, felon, child molesters, murderers etc.. meanwhile there's ton of other people with clean records.

Just some food for thoughts

Old 08-02-2016, 05:53 PM

327 posts, read 469,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superstrong View Post
. We have to be there for our entire shift, SanMan don't have to once their route is done or the cutoff time is reach..

Perception vs. reality.... it's not 1990 anymore and it ain't what it used to be regarding that.

Old 08-02-2016, 05:57 PM

1,356 posts, read 1,224,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superstrong View Post
Because it's the best city job out there. This garbage doesn't fight back unlike what the cops have to deal with. Job security, great benefits, tons of extra money to be made for doing your job. Half day work if u run and dump, double time on charts, sunday, truck , ro-ro etc..

U don't have a clue how much San guys make and what their work schedule are. We have to be there for our entire shift, SanMan don't have to once their route is done or the cutoff time is reach.. Why do you think cops and other city employees transfer over, I think half of the class in right now are combat veterans.

100,000 people took the exam!! Only thing I don't like about the job is that they hired everybody, convicts, felon, child molesters, murderers etc.. meanwhile there's ton of other people with clean records.

Just some food for thoughts
You must be one stupid bastard. It's an 8 hour job bro just like everything else. Who tells you this bullsh**?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.