Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2016, 05:30 PM

193 posts, read 417,074 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcgeorgee View Post
People are just so stupid. I'm guessing these guys was still on probation
Its not just guys on probation who get terminated. A guy with more than 15 years was terminated. Learn from these mistakes

Old 06-25-2016, 09:18 PM

3,749 posts, read 3,486,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hudini4242 View Post
dont listen to these guys....they have no clue how this list will move over 4 years....
It was a guess and assumption, made that clear.

The list can easily go up to 10,000 within 4 years, who knows? Likely not though so why keep peoples hopes up?
My point is that anyone in the 4-5000+ list number range move on and look elsewhere for now, but always keep an eye/ear open and keep a check on what list they are calling down the road. You never know.

Old 06-26-2016, 05:53 AM

3,742 posts, read 6,396,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Werdywerd View Post
It was a guess and assumption, made that clear.

The list can easily go up to 10,000 within 4 years, who knows? Likely not though so why keep peoples hopes up?
My point is that anyone in the 4-5000+ list number range move on and look elsewhere for now, but always keep an eye/ear open and keep a check on what list they are calling down the road. You never know.
10,000? lmao

Old 06-26-2016, 06:47 AM

101 posts, read 154,534 times
How long is probation? After what time span do you get a fixed schedule? Do you have a choice of picking time shifts?

Old 06-26-2016, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgunz21z View Post
How long is probation? After what time span do you get a fixed schedule? Do you have a choice of picking time shifts?
Probation is 18 months. You get a fixed schedule ummm...never technically unless you sign for a tissue. You pick your shifts by seniority. You want a shift, you have to have guys beat that are on it and bump them off. But even senior guys will sometimes find themselves forced somewhere at some time

Old 06-26-2016, 11:39 AM

41 posts, read 152,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWOL AGAIN View Post
Probation is 18 months. You get a fixed schedule ummm...never technically unless you sign for a tissue. You pick your shifts by seniority. You want a shift, you have to have guys beat that are on it and bump them off. But even senior guys will sometimes find themselves forced somewhere at some time
How exactly does one "sign for a tissue" and what does that mean? Sounds fun.

Old 06-26-2016, 12:03 PM

3,749 posts, read 3,486,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWOL AGAIN View Post
10,000? lmao
I was being super sarcastic of course.

Old 06-26-2016, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red-Viper View Post
How exactly does one "sign for a tissue" and what does that mean? Sounds fun.

Certain functions (some because they at least initially required extra training they didn't want to give to everyone) are tissues that go out same shift everyday. These include the super's clerk, the guys who drive the wrecker on each shift, EZ Packs, and broom spots for garages that don't have accompanying broom garages. (Everyone gets taught broom now so there's always talk that it won't be a tissue much longer but they never change it).

First you need to be a garage that has these, someone needs to give up their spot, then the stewards will hang up something letting guys know the spot is open and to sign up. New hires can sign if they were appointed straight to that garage, transfers can sign after a year. Most senior person that signs, wins. So if you get it and you're signed for the 6am ez pack tissue, you'll stay 6am. If there's 7 guys and 6 ez pack spots on Monday, the bottom tissue holder will stay 6am but will probably be on baskets or mlp

Old 06-27-2016, 07:59 AM

30 posts, read 36,352 times
Good morning everyone. my friend told me about this site, I wasn't aware that their was so much information dedicated to this topic and exam. Good stuff, well I already finish my process, just waiting for HR to call for final processing, it was pretty easy and straight forward. My advice is everyone is, don't stressed it or think about it too much, just do what you need to do and forget abt it because you're going to stressed yourself out for no reason. They will call whoever they call in the order that they deem fit, there's no magical method. it's the NYC, common sense isn't that common. Good luck to everybody!!!

@usmcmarines, good luck on your appeal and be ready for a fight, because I seen plenty of medical appeal and DQ and only heard of a small handful being overturn in court. Get ready to hired for a good employment lawyer because the process CAN get really long and drawn out. Just want to be honest with you. Semper Fi

Old 06-27-2016, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GangIntel View Post
Good morning everyone. my friend told me about this site, I wasn't aware that their was so much information dedicated to this topic and exam. Good stuff, well I already finish my process, just waiting for HR to call for final processing, it was pretty easy and straight forward. My advice is everyone is, don't stressed it or think about it too much, just do what you need to do and forget abt it because you're going to stressed yourself out for no reason. They will call whoever they call in the order that they deem fit, there's no magical method. it's the NYC, common sense isn't that common. Good luck to everybody!!!

@usmcmarines, good luck on your appeal and be ready for a fight, because I seen plenty of medical appeal and DQ and only heard of a small handful being overturn in court. Get ready to hired for a good employment lawyer because the process CAN get really long and drawn out. Just want to be honest with you. Semper Fi

City loses an a vast majority of appeals. But the process can drag and drag
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City