Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2014, 05:37 AM

900 posts, read 2,378,849 times

Advertisements

Will you be seeing the movie Deliver Us From Evil?

Do you believe these stories?

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2014/06/21...referrer=&_r=0

The movie is about an officer who was as asked by a priest to investigate some cases he believed possession occurred and where an exorcist would be needed. The movie is based on true events taking place here in NYC in a book written by that detective.

The movie looks scarier than hell, well almost.

Have you heard of stories happening here like the ones in the movie? Let's hear them.

The movie opens in July.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2014, 05:53 AM

158 posts, read 304,997 times
There is no such thing as ghosts or demons or the paranormal, what we have here is an officer unfit for duty due to severe mental stress and nothing more.

Old 06-26-2014, 09:32 AM

5,205 posts, read 4,695,000 times
Let's see, ghosts are dead people right? The number of people that ever lived far outnumbers the number of people alive today (~106 billion vs 7 billion) and yet we have no real proof of ghost sightings. I think they only exist in people's imaginations.

Old 06-26-2014, 09:36 AM

8,113 posts, read 6,794,310 times
Will definitely see the movie. Am a big fan of the X-Files series. It featured 2 FBI agents who investigated paranormal activity, any other fans?

Old 06-26-2014, 09:59 AM

5,001 posts, read 8,242,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldYork View Post
There is no such thing as ghosts or demons or the paranormal, what we have here is an officer unfit for duty due to severe mental stress and nothing more.
I imagine you're a blast at parties...

Old 06-26-2014, 10:16 AM

158 posts, read 304,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by availableusername View Post
I imagine you're a blast at parties...
I enjoy a scary movie as much as the next person, but this guy was an NYPD Sergeant that seriously believed demons and the devil are messing with people. This man would actually entertain the thought that the murderer was invisible - not someone you want solving your crimes or carrying a gun.

Old 06-26-2014, 11:12 AM

1,774 posts, read 2,058,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldYork View Post
I enjoy a scary movie as much as the next person, but this guy was an NYPD Sergeant that seriously believed demons and the devil are messing with people. This man would actually entertain the thought that the murderer was invisible - not someone you want solving your crimes or carrying a gun.
Same here, I find the story quite disturbing. Who does the cop think he is Constantine? I thought cops are suppose to be psychologically evaluated.

Old 06-26-2014, 12:19 PM

I feel sorry for him and I can imagine what he went up against with his co-workers.

Whether you want to believe it or not demons and ghost are real. A lot of times non-believers will never be faced with seeing the spirit realm because they (demons) would rather you not believe so you don't believe in life after death or God, so your soul might be eternally lost.

These spirits, good and bad, have influence in this world and people.

You don't see air but you know it's there.

Old 06-26-2014, 12:44 PM

1,892 posts, read 1,331,029 times
There are some strange strange official reports out there on occult stuff, something this officer may have seen during his work.

Like this:

Children possessed by 200 demons 'levitated' and walked backwards over walls in front of hospital staff | Mail Online

Boy observed walking backwards up a wall verified by two hospital staff. I guess they both decided to put their jobs on the line by making up this story, or both hallucinated it at the same time.

Warning not to mess with the occult, even its "family friendly" versions like ouija boards and tarot cards.

Old 06-26-2014, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hightower72 View Post
There are some strange strange official reports out there on occult stuff, something this officer may have seen during his work.

Like this:

Children possessed by 200 demons 'levitated' and walked backwards over walls in front of hospital staff | Mail Online

Boy observed walking backwards up a wall verified by two hospital staff. I guess they both decided to put their jobs on the line by making up this story, or both hallucinated it at the same time.
Hightower it's a stigma, something the professionals would never admit to on the job lest they be labeled crazy so they'll deny seeing. Even in that case the social workers never included in their report seeing the boy walk backwards up the wall and ceiling.

Moderator: Silly of me to think there would be real life experiences shared pertaining to NYC. I should have remembered the other post of someone saying they had ghost and how that went over.

So could you move this thread to the Unexplained/Paranormal section. TIA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City