Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2014, 03:34 PM

5,720 posts, read 20,052,255 times

Advertisements

Hey all, just a few observations of the W 42nd street at 5 am. My job takes me to the area of around 8th and 9th aves at 5 am and boy do the crazies come out. I entered the subway restaurant after going through 5 grown men doing nothing but standing around. Inside I saw a dude with a lot of gold on, counting money, and one by one men started to come in and gave him more money, and wouldn't you believe it, the blinged out dude gave back crack rocks in zip locks and told them to sell a certain amount by 8 am. Apparently he was the the provider. After them, in comes in 2 woman, who appeared drugged and looked like prostitutes stumbling into the bathroom in their high heels. Outside the store some vagrant sat crossed legged, put a white powder (appeared to be cocaine) on the floor, and snorted it straight from the sidewalk floor.

That's all over 42nd at that time. A lot of mean looks, a crap load of people on drugs, and prostitutes hidden in the shadows. This was more drug activity than I have ever seen in the Bronx. It was crazy. Not a cop in sight. People say this area used to be much worse, but after what I seen this morning, I find it hard to believe.

So for any who miss the old seedy time square, pay a visit at 4-5 am in the morning and prepared to be shocked.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2014, 03:38 PM

6,836 posts, read 15,412,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMario View Post
Hey all, just a few observations of the W 42nd street at 5 am. My job takes me to the area of around 8th and 9th aves at 5 am and boy do the crazies come out. I entered the subway restaurant after going through 5 grown men doing nothing but standing around. Inside I saw a dude with a lot of gold on, counting money, and one by one men started to come in and gave him more money, and wouldn't you believe it, the blinged out dude gave back crack rocks in zip locks and told them to sell a certain amount by 8 am. Apparently he was the the provider. After them, in comes in 2 woman, who appeared drugged and looked like prostitutes stumbling into the bathroom in their high heels. Outside the store some vagrant sat crossed legged, put a white powder (appeared to be cocaine) on the floor, and snorted it straight from the sidewalk floor.

That's all over 42nd at that time. A lot of mean looks, a crap load of people on drugs, and prostitutes hidden in the shadows. This was more drug activity than I have ever seen in the Bronx. It was crazy. Not a cop in sight. People say this area used to be much worse, but after what I seen this morning, I find it hard to believe.

So for any who miss the old seedy time square, pay a visit at 4-5 am in the morning and prepared to be shocked.
You never been to the west side of 42nd before? I go to john jay and work on 37th. I have to walk past that mess everyday.

Those high rise luxury condos look nice in the sky but on ground level all you see is homeless and druggies in front.

I tend to walk around with my eyes open because a lot of them are crazy.

8th and 9th ave have a serious homeless issue.

Old 03-08-2014, 04:08 PM

1,019 posts, read 1,642,374 times
De blasio just gutted welfare reform so we can expect more societal degenerates to flock over & enjoy the party...just like the good old days

Old 03-08-2014, 04:13 PM

7,643 posts, read 6,481,808 times

Ghostbusters - I Love This Town - YouTube

Old 03-08-2014, 04:26 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,032,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midwesterns45 View Post
De blasio just gutted welfare reform so we can expect more societal degenerates to flock over & enjoy the party...just like the good old days

And I wonder what that will accomplish?

Old 03-08-2014, 05:22 PM

3,226 posts, read 6,639,758 times
Yeah, you'll definitely see a ton of seedy activity at 3-6am on the West Side. ESPECIALLY at the Port Authority, of ALL places. I always wondered the same thing. Where's the cops? Patrol? Security? I hate port authority since its always sketchy at all hours. Anyway, back to what you're saying; for all those that CRAVE the "old NYC" you'll see remnants of the old, seedy Times Square during those mentioned hours. Crazy it is.

Still, I'd much rather live there then anywhere and anytime in the Bronx.

Old 03-08-2014, 06:23 PM

34,097 posts, read 47,309,800 times
Quote:
This was more drug activity than I have ever seen in the Bronx. It was crazy.
Let's find that clip with all the crackheads running down Valentine Avenue again

Forum TOS: https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 03-08-2014, 06:26 PM

6,836 posts, read 15,412,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lital_The_Best View Post
Yeah, you'll definitely see a ton of seedy activity at 3-6am on the West Side. ESPECIALLY at the Port Authority, of ALL places. I always wondered the same thing. Where's the cops? Patrol? Security? I hate port authority since its always sketchy at all hours. Anyway, back to what you're saying; for all those that CRAVE the "old NYC" you'll see remnants of the old, seedy Times Square during those mentioned hours. Crazy it is.

Still, I'd much rather live there then anywhere and anytime in the Bronx.
Yea the port authority is very sketchy. Looks like a giant methadone rather then a bus station. But I wonder why a lot of trannies hang out there?

Old 03-08-2014, 06:36 PM

343 posts, read 1,092,921 times
Yes far west of Times Square is horrid, there are tons of homeless shelters & sketchy activities going on in that area. Actually that block of 42nd btwn 8th & 9th still looks kinda seedy. There are still remnants of the old raunchy Times Square. It's amazing it hasn't changed yet

Old 03-08-2014, 11:32 PM

3,475 posts, read 3,279,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Let's find that clip with all the crackheads running down Valentine Avenue again
I got a good laugh imaging that in my mind that I googled it and this was the first link. Is it the one you're talking about?

Quote:
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City