Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2008, 04:03 PM

62 posts, read 114,213 times

Advertisements

Started today Group C2 Any one want to carpool when the Group Timing Starts?

Old 08-11-2008, 04:05 PM

82 posts, read 152,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekuai View Post

Commissioner - John J Doherty

First Deputy Commissioner - Michael A. Bimonte

Director, Bureau of Cleaning & Collection - Bernard Sullivan (4 Star Chief)

Director Bureau of Waste Disposal GS5 - Michael Mucci (4 star chief)

Chief GS4 (3 star chief)

Assistant Chief/Borough Superintendent GS3 (2 star chief)

Deputy Chief/Assistant Borough Superintendent G.S.2 (1 star chief)

District Superintendent

Supervisor

Sanitation Worker <- YOU ARE HERE.
thanks, very informative.....whats the function of a shop steward?,i thought they were part of "management"

Old 08-11-2008, 04:07 PM

108 posts, read 272,067 times
Exclamation New Sanitation Workers

I Love how new guys been on the job for a week and already know EVERYTHING..Iam in my fifth year and iam still learning things.
A little piece of advice for the new Men and Women be Humble..nobody likes a "know it all". Dont make a name for yourself already.

Last edited by Sanman04; 08-11-2008 at 04:21 PM..

Old 08-11-2008, 04:10 PM

656 posts, read 1,412,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim1276 View Post
thanks, very informative.....whats the function of a shop steward?,i thought they were part of "management"

Shop stewards are actually part of the union as well as being a sanitation worker. They get a differential of about $3 a week from the union. Technically they are the most senior men in the garage. They have the power to rearrange the operations board as long as the garage supervisor approves. They are basically union presence in each garage. They make sure your union rights are not violated. Shop stewards look out for you. The other day I was assigned to Supt. Clerk the next day...so I come in the next day and the shop steward calls me to ask me if I turned down collection or requested to be a shop steward. The reason he asked was because an out of towner made truck before I did....so 20 minutes before the 6-2 shift started he put me on collection and the out of town guy as the supt. clerk.

Old 08-11-2008, 04:33 PM

17 posts, read 34,934 times
does anyone know if there will be another class this year.i am at 13hundred and##, about 3 classes away,anyone with any information please let me know thank you

Old 08-11-2008, 04:48 PM

502 posts, read 1,009,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKLYNZMAN View Post
does anyone know if there will be another class this year.i am at 13hundred and##, about 3 classes away,anyone with any information please let me know thank you
No definitive answer for that. Sorry, but we'll have to wait until the rumors of another class become more definitive......

Old 08-11-2008, 05:32 PM

131 posts, read 245,139 times
I hope you guys arent sleeping but if any of the guys going for training tomorrow can ask the commissioner if there will be another class this year let us know. That is if he hasnt spoken already. THank you

Old 08-11-2008, 06:10 PM

289 posts, read 746,195 times
Default Out of sight out of mind it does work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanman04 View Post
I Love how new guys been on the job for a week and already know EVERYTHING..Iam in my fifth year and iam still learning things.
A little piece of advice for the new Men and Women be Humble..nobody likes a "know it all". Dont make a name for yourself already.
IT'S TRUE PEOPLE LISTEN AND LEARN...

Old 08-11-2008, 06:26 PM

300 posts, read 659,413 times
The kuai the first day was just like you said pretty boring... It was cool though that it finally came and everything is finally going , but it was boring.. The last guy was horrible , he rambled about recycling for a half hour for nothing ... after a while i don't think anyone listened .. When he was finished he got the loudest ovation out of all the speakers because he took forever and it was finally over...

I met DSNYSI today and saw a couple of other guys from this site here it was pretty cool to see familiar faces...

Im in group c2 as well and im in the second to last row and second to last from the right... tomorrow we get to see the union leader ...

I'll be in uniform, being i picked mine up today from mac's . See you all tomorrow !!

Old 08-11-2008, 06:27 PM

17 posts, read 34,934 times
thanx salsan.your opinion how long the wait for me, do you think my estimate was accurate
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.