Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2013, 10:42 AM

268 posts, read 340,591 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper03 View Post
Round and round we go.

I don't know police policy and procedure. What I do know is that sticking guns in innocent people's faces, speaking to them like they are garbage, and NOT apologizing after you realize that you are wrong will cause people to think that you and your organization SUCK a**. It makes people feel hostile and a lot less likely to cooperate with the cops in any given sitaution.

Believe me after having the police show-up at the wrong apt and treat us like absolute sh*t I will NEVER call a police officer to report anything ever again. We could have been killed and what would the police have said? Opps or I'm sure they would have found a way to skew sh*t and make us seem like the criminals in that situation.
I think that's part of the problem. Too many assumptions are made about how cops should proceed when people don't know police procedures. Also, I find it interesting that you're so angry and hostile with the entire police force for a few isolated incidents where you felt that the police weren't professional enough. That seems quite unfair and immature on your part don't you think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2013, 11:48 AM

2,134 posts, read 3,042,475 times
Possibly. In any event I'm sharing my experiences and you're sharing yours'. If you haven't experienced what I have then of course your opinions on the police would be different. You sound like a cop or someone who has police in the family because you are very pro-cop. So of course you will find every excuse in the book for their bad behavior. That's fine because your opinion isn't worth anymore than mine is. Whether you think I'm immature or a wonderful person is irrelevant anyway. Don't judge the police for a "few isolated incidents" but it's ok when they judge everyone of one ethinic or racial group based off the actions of a few right? Sounds like pure hypocrisy to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somewhere in Time View Post
I think that's part of the problem. Too many assumptions are made about how cops should proceed when people don't know police procedures. Also, I find it interesting that you're so angry and hostile with the entire police force for a few isolated incidents where you felt that the police weren't professional enough. That seems quite unfair and immature on your part don't you think?

Old 08-22-2013, 11:53 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,969,355 times
Quote:
Or he could feel so upset by those incidents with the police that they drive him to vote for someone like de Blasio, who would end the appeal for Stop and Frisk. That's the problem when you stop and frisk innocent people. You don't build good will among the masses, and you actually lay the ground for the termination of the program, at least in its current form.

Old 08-22-2013, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Possibly. In any event I'm sharing my experiences and you're sharing yours'. If you haven't experienced what I have then of course your opinions on the police would be different. You sound like a cop or someone who has police in the family because you are very pro-cop. So of course you will find every excuse in the book for their bad behavior. That's fine because your opinion isn't worth anymore than mine is. Whether you think I'm immature or a wonderful person is irrelevant anyway. Don't judge the police for a "few isolated incidents" but it's ok when they judge everyone of one ethinic or racial group based off the actions of a few right? Sounds like pure hypocrisy to me.
Actually based on what you mentioned, I don't your race was of importance. If you were green I think the same thing would've happened because they were walking into a hostile situation and didn't know who was responsible for the situation.

Furthermore, I don't see how you can argue that ALL cops judge all people of one ethnicity or racial background the same unless you're saying that all Black people have been stopped and frisked or racially profiled? I find that hard to believe, especially when a sizable amount of the police force is composed of minorities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Or he could feel so upset by those incidents with the police that they drive him to vote for someone like de Blasio, who would end the appeal for Stop and Frisk. That's the problem when you stop and frisk innocent people. You don't build good will among the masses, and you actually lay the ground for the termination of the program, at least in its current form.
Innocent people who aren't doing anything wrong wouldn't have any reason to be resentful unless they were insecure or were indeed doing something or had intentions of doing something that they had no business doing. P.S. Jasper to my understanding is a female.

Old 08-22-2013, 12:05 PM

363 posts, read 817,584 times
Quote:
Don't judge the police for a "few isolated incidents" but it's ok when they judge everyone of one ethinic or racial group based off the actions of a few right? Sounds like pure hypocrisy to me.
As much as I looked at this statement and wanted to so desperately disagree with you, I have to honestly say your right.

Old 08-22-2013, 12:10 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,969,355 times
Quote:

Innocent people who aren't doing anything wrong wouldn't have any reason to be resentful unless they were insecure or were indeed doing something or had intentions of doing something that they had no business doing. P.S. Jasper to my understanding is a female.
You speak for everyone? You've got telepathic powers that enable you to determine what everyone is thinking or how everyone would react to a situation?

You should just speak for yourself, dude. Maybe you wouldn't be upset if you stop and frisked. And fine, if that's even true. But that doesn't mean that no innocent person wouldn't or shouldn't get upset because they were stopped and frisked. But with attitudes like yours, you drive away any support that might potentially be there with some people for stop and frisk. You're making every argument why no one should support stop and frisk.

You've just accused a Black person who was said he (Jasper can correct me if I'm using the wrong gender) was stopped and frisked of being a criminal basically, because he didn't like being stopped and frisked. So you've told everyone that no person of color should support any police initiative like that, since you are always going to insist all Blacks and Hispanics are criminals. So you are in effect telling everyone to vote for de Blasio, who will end the policy. The leftists should love you, people like you make it impossible for non whites to support conservative candidates in any major capacity (even if they are right on some things). Anyway, enjoy the end of the Republicans have any influence in City Hall.

Old 08-22-2013, 12:11 PM

2,134 posts, read 3,042,475 times
I'll agree to disagree and move on from here.

Quote:
Actually based on what you mentioned, I don't your race was of importance. If you were green I think the same thing would've happened because they were walking into a hostile situation and didn't know who was responsible for the situation.

Furthermore, I don't see how you can argue that ALL cops judge all people of one ethnicity or racial background the same unless you're saying that all Black people have been stopped and frisked or racially profiled? I find that hard to believe, especially when a sizable amount of the police force is composed of minorities.

Old 08-22-2013, 12:15 PM

363 posts, read 817,584 times
Quote:

Innocent people who aren't doing anything wrong wouldn't have any reason to be resentful unless they were insecure or were indeed doing something or had intentions of doing something that they had no business doing.
Not true. I was frisked when I was a teen. I was searched and released with no explanation or apology. I knew I did nothing wrong because my mother would have taken a belt to me for anything. However, with the experience I had then, I had plenty to be resentful for. You tell me I fit the description of someone that committed a crime and ask the radio to provide the description so I can hear for myself and apologize, I'm ok with that. Stopping me and giving no reason provides me with a feeling that I was harassed and I will resent that and the cops for it.

Last edited by akatrk; 08-22-2013 at 12:16 PM.. Reason: Grammar

Old 08-22-2013, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Quote:
You speak for everyone? You've got telepathic powers that enable you to determine what everyone is thinking or how everyone would react to a situation?

You should just speak for yourself, dude. Maybe you wouldn't be upset if you stop and frisked. And fine, if that's even true. But that doesn't mean that no innocent person wouldn't or shouldn't get upset because they were stopped and frisked. But with attitudes like yours, you drive away any support that might potentially be there with some people for stop and frisk. You're making every argument why no one should support stop and frisk.

You've just accused a Black person who was said he (Jasper can correct me if I'm using the wrong gender) was stopped and frisked of being a criminal basically, because he didn't like being stopped and frisked. So you've told everyone that no person of color should support any police initiative like that, since you are always going to insist all Blacks and Hispanics are criminals. So you are in effect telling everyone to vote for de Blasio, who will end the policy. The leftists should love you, people like you make it impossible for non whites to support conservative candidates in any major capacity (even if they are right on some things). Anyway, enjoy the end of the Republicans have any influence in City Hall.
I most certainly did not. I said that those people could also be too insecure "dude". I am not from California and would appreciate being addressed in a respectful manner.

Quote:
I'll agree to disagree and move on from here.
You seem to roll your eyes a lot. I guess the truth hurts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akatrk View Post
Not true. I was frisked when I was a teen. I was searched and released with no explanation or apology. I knew I did nothing wrong because my mother would have taken a belt to me for anything. However, with the experience I had then, I had plenty to be resentful for. You tell me I fit the description of someone that committed a crime and ask the radio to provide the description so I can hear for myself and apologize, I'm ok with that. Stopping me and giving no reason provides me with a feeling that I was harassed and I will resent that and the cops for it.
That's a very immature attitude. I was banged into the other day by another male who didn't apologize. By your account, I should begrudge that individual forever and anyone who is like him. Sounds very immature and insecure to me.

Old 08-22-2013, 12:30 PM

573 posts, read 1,462,400 times
Quote:
BS I was stopped and frisked in NYC and I've been stopped and frisked 6 times since January, in the streets of my city in the Paris, France area. Each time I didn't do anything wrong, actually my only fault was wearing a hoodie smh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City