Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2006, 03:07 PM

436 posts, read 682,868 times

Advertisements

After the sky high Yankees run, and then the fall & crash, now we get this: Small plane smashes into high-rise building Yankees manager says plane owned by pitcher Cory Lidle. It's going to be a real l-o-n-g off-season for Yankee fans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2006, 03:16 PM

1,330 posts, read 5,097,813 times
What a shame. I guess they are saying four killed, and that he was in the plane.

Old 10-11-2006, 03:34 PM

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,770 posts, read 7,551,683 times
This is awful news!
My prayers go out for the families affected by this accident.

Old 10-11-2006, 04:26 PM
D&T

33 posts, read 175,283 times
What a horrible accident....

Old 10-11-2006, 05:56 PM

2,290 posts, read 2,475,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian_2 View Post
After the sky high Yankees run, and then the fall & crash, now we get this: Small plane smashes into high-rise building Yankees manager says plane owned by pitcher Cory Lidle. It's going to be a real l-o-n-g off-season for Yankee fans.
Very very sad. I remember when Munson was killed in his private plane. Horrible news!

Old 10-11-2006, 07:04 PM

480 posts, read 2,830,412 times
The off season is never long. There's plenty to do until the Spring. It's New York, not Kansas. Besides, with 26 championships, there's no rush. If you're a Chicago Cub fan, well, that's a different story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian_2 View Post

Old 10-11-2006, 07:55 PM

70 posts, read 85,230 times
Cool Needs to be said

I feel bad and everything, but for the victims outside the plane. To me people who do that are right up there with skydivers and base jumpers. The word tragedy never comes to mind when they end up dead. At least the sky divers, base jumpers, and bunjee jumpers are only endangering themselves.

It boggles the mind that someone is allowed to fly a Cessna around Manhattan of all places, but I need to take my shoes off at an airport in bumb**** Missouri. I know my opinion is not popular, but I can't weep for the fatally stupid.

Do some searching. Quite a few innocent people are injured or killed every year by these overpriveledged thrill seekers. I saw one story where a little girl lost her leg because of poor Cessna maintenance. The prop flew off and cut right through an SUV like butter. I had trouble weeping for the dead idiot piloting the plane.

Old 10-12-2006, 02:43 PM

105 posts, read 147,544 times
As far as the Yankees not winning - not a problem they will just buy a whole bunch of new players for next year including any who played well against them this year. Money talks!

As for the the player who died - thats sad.

Old 10-12-2006, 06:43 PM

480 posts, read 2,830,412 times
They will do exactly that, just as all the other teams do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish2026 View Post
As far as the Yankees not winning - not a problem they will just buy a whole bunch of new players for next year including any who played well against them this year. Money talks!

As for the the player who died - thats sad.

Old 11-21-2011, 01:19 PM

2,848 posts, read 7,586,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anon1 View Post
Wow... Mr Klato you seriously need a hobby... Reviving a five year old thread let alone about murder within the yankees organization just to say that they suck... Either the yankees really hurt you as a child or you have some serious problems...

Btw, after reading this thread it only cements my appreciation that I don't live in constant bitterness like so many other baseball fans whose soul purpose in life isn't to see their team win but to see the Yankees lose... That's how you know your life is sad...
Looks like Klato was deleted anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City