Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-04-2012, 09:32 PM

4,840 posts, read 9,962,279 times

Advertisements

All I hear on the news is areas like Staten Island, Lower Manhattan, Coney Island, The Rockaways etc. Has the Bronx been hit hard by the hurricane? It's hard to imagine communites like City Island or Throgs Neck not getting affected.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2012, 09:49 PM

142 posts, read 317,142 times
my area was badly damaged. trees fell everywhere .. people's cars were destroyed .. some people are STILL without power.. [i got mine back] not sure if someone died over here

Old 11-05-2012, 01:02 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,166,709 times
Bronx has been affected by sandy but damage has been minor in my area. In other threads I posted a video of high tide water flooding into mott haven going in as far as the deegan, I'm not sure if it drowned rats or hipsters that live in that part of the area. A 40 year old tree fell on my block onto a car, thankfully no one was inside. St Marys park had fallen tree branches. I heard City Island might have been affected also arouns pelham parkway area no electricity. I went to visit a relative in a nursing home near pelham parkway the whole area was dark. The nursing home was running on back-up generators until it finally ran out of gasoline. One of my good friends live near morris park avenue and has no power. Bronx got hit but did not take the full brunt compared to Staten Island, Rockaways, Coney Island, canarsie, flatlands, sheepshead bay, jamaica, jfk and lga and lower Manhattan. Also in my area gas is offically out at the pumps. Overall life seemed normal in Mott Haven, it seemed to erie, even with the Marathon runners jogging by today on 138 street.

Old 11-05-2012, 06:31 AM

9,253 posts, read 24,180,569 times
I think there were some problems here and there but nothing compared to the other boroughs.Some flooding on City Island,some trees down and some places where the electricity went out. Around my immediate neighborhood it's almost as if nothing happened.There were a few trees down in the park but the electricity never even flickered and everything in the neighborhood pretty much stayed operational.

Old 11-05-2012, 10:52 AM

2,489 posts, read 2,804,164 times
I'm without power still, day 7, and am in Country Club. Much of my family lives in Edgewater Park and they were slammed along the water front. FEMA is set up in their firehouse.

Old 11-05-2012, 12:01 PM

1,280 posts, read 2,452,645 times
My area faired well. I never lost power, not even a flicker, and the next morning the worst thing I saw was a large tree branch fell into a playground and landed in the kids swing area; thank god everyone was inside. It seems the southern bronx faired better than the northern sections..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: