Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2012, 05:25 PM

4,471 posts, read 9,838,205 times

Advertisements

I have been home sick for 2 days now, and have not had one moment of relaxation do to the fact that a dog in the neighboring building has barked non stop. I was sent home yesterday due to being viably sick at around 8:45, by the time i got back home after a stop off at the doctors it was 10. The dog was barking and didn't stop barking until around 7pm. Today, I went in and tried to tough it out and went home around 11, and the dog was barking and is still barking to this minute.

I usually get home around 5:30 and the dog barks till about 8pm. On weekends, it's the same deal. Barking barking barking.

What should I do? I am about to tear my hair out. There is not a minute peace and I like to keep the window of the air shaft open while i cook so my apartment doesn't smell like food.

I honestly can't take it anymore. Do the other building tenants not care? I can tell by the bark it's a large dog. I makes me kind of sad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2012, 05:31 PM

3,244 posts, read 5,243,325 times
You could have filed a complaint, in less time than it took to start this thread:

311 Online Noise from Dog

https://www.nyc.gov/apps/311universa...F-96DAE110FEB8

Old 04-10-2012, 05:34 PM

4,471 posts, read 9,838,205 times
I tried that but I don't know what exact apartment the noise is coming from. It's coming across the ally.

Old 04-10-2012, 05:34 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,825,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiogirl22 View Post
I have been home sick for 2 days now, and have not had one moment of relaxation do to the fact that a dog in the neighboring building has barked non stop. I was sent home yesterday due to being viably sick at around 8:45, by the time i got back home after a stop off at the doctors it was 10. The dog was barking and didn't stop barking until around 7pm. Today, I went in and tried to tough it out and went home around 11, and the dog was barking and is still barking to this minute.

I usually get home around 5:30 and the dog barks till about 8pm. On weekends, it's the same deal. Barking barking barking.

What should I do? I am about to tear my hair out. There is not a minute peace and I like to keep the window of the air shaft open while i cook so my apartment doesn't smell like food.

I honestly can't take it anymore. Do the other building tenants not care? I can tell by the bark it's a large dog. I makes me kind of sad.
Sounds like the dog does not get proper care.....people should not have an animal if it is just a bother..and it is left alone for long periods...They don't take this into account when they get the pet..that they are a responsibility ..not a nice piece of furniture to show off...go to the butcher shop and get the mutt a bone...see if the owners will except it for the mutt...don't complain to them..at least not yet...maybe a little care from you will help....and if the dog continues to cry...at least you will know he is calling out to you...lol..

Old 04-10-2012, 05:47 PM

12,115 posts, read 33,695,036 times
do you have an AC--you can run the fan for white noise to try to drown out the barking

Old 04-10-2012, 05:57 PM

12,340 posts, read 26,139,928 times
When you are feeling better, go on a scouting mission and talk to neighbors to find the source. Then make a specific complaint.

Old 04-10-2012, 07:51 PM

1,809 posts, read 7,063,327 times
Separation anxiety in dogs is a very serious problem and there really isn't a
quick fix. The cost of a pet sitter and a dog walker 5 days a week would be
very expensive. I recommend listening to The Pet Show with Warren Eckstein "pet psychologist" on WOR710 am on Saturdays 4-6pm.

Old 04-10-2012, 08:06 PM

6,963 posts, read 20,544,666 times

i'll take care of it

Old 04-10-2012, 08:09 PM

1,405 posts, read 2,451,621 times
That's shocking.

You know. . . . . finding an apartment in the West Village with a dog.

On a more serious note this is unfortunate because sometimes people just don't care. Luckily I live in a Pre-War building and the further you go into my apartment, the less noise you hear (neighbors across from us have a dog who likes to bark directly at the door it seems). I can't really recommend anything because it's just an annoyance. Ugh I would hate it! Imagine watching a movie and the actors start whispering and all you hear is the dog!

Old 04-10-2012, 08:23 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,228,517 times
Call your animal control anonymously and say you think the dog may have been abandoned....because maybe it has. No dog barks that long w/out a reason.....sad. It definitely needs to be checked on. And, I wouldn't go around the neighborhood asking about the dog, than make a complaint.....just sayin
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City