Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2011, 01:32 PM

105 posts, read 322,636 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Febtober View Post
If you just go straight by the numbers, odds are the hot girls you're seeing are tourists, especially if in Manhattan.

And to put it bluntly, I think our brains sort of "ignore" a large percentage of the unattractive girls. I mean I know I personally don't really pay attention to the multitude of below average girls on the street, but will definitely take a second or two to check out a hot one.

(wow, I never thought my total level of jackassed-ness could be qualified into words, but there it is!)
First of all: funny. Repped you for the self awareness. Second: I agree. We have selective hotness receptors. I'm gay, so I'm always surprised when my straight friends mention how hot the girls are here. I just don't notice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2011, 03:06 PM

900 posts, read 2,372,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Thats very very true. A perfect example is here in nyc gentrified areas, locals get cold shouldered by out of town girls. It helps alot being educated, talking a bit waspy and wearing a buckeyes shirt or a pennstate cap can go a long way with transplant chicks. As for me I knw the streets but I gave up street mentality a long time ago in a galaxy far far away.
So you are a perpetrator? lol

Well that's good you left the streets behind I hope you find the woman of your dreams.

Old 11-15-2011, 03:19 PM

9,847 posts, read 25,241,325 times
There's alot of everything here in abundance including lots of homely people.

Old 11-15-2011, 03:23 PM

2,379 posts, read 2,709,785 times
First, because we have all the models and actresses. Second, because New York women are pretty sophisticated in knowing how to dress and make up to their best advantage.

Old 11-15-2011, 05:01 PM

669 posts, read 1,273,695 times
Its because of all the Dominicans

Old 11-15-2011, 06:06 PM

1,583 posts, read 3,677,049 times
There are lots of pretty women in this city.
But good-looking men? Ah god. Needle in a haystack

Old 11-15-2011, 08:07 PM

5,452 posts, read 11,249,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doobage View Post
But good-looking men? Ah god. Needle in a haystack
Hurtful and offensive comment.

Old 11-15-2011, 08:47 PM

4,840 posts, read 9,914,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tavie View Post
I don't know why fat women are so offensive to you simply by existing. Seriously, no one's asking you to do anything but allow us to exist peacefully. We don't want to date you, we don't want to take up your precious seats on the subway, most of us CERTAINLY don't go around wearing clothes that are tight/revealing/unflattering - but if we did, exactly what would the problem be? Do fat women owe you something? Did a fat woman kill your dog? Do you see me walking around complaining about fat men? Or skinny men, or short or tall men?

Is it possible for you guys to acknowledge that all women are not put on this earth for you to f---?

I'd just ask that you at least try to remember that you're in a public forum and that everyone has an equal right to exist, regardless of how attractive you find them.

Comments like yours are harmful.
Hey, the thread is about woman is NYC being attractive, I'm simply point out that for the most part, they aren't.

Old 11-15-2011, 09:15 PM

3,921 posts, read 9,128,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegalDiva View Post
And I agree beauty is in the eye of the beholder. The great part about NYC is that if you are a yuppie, you will find a lot of attractive yuppies in the UES and UWS, If you are a Haitian illegal immigrant visiting relatives, you will find the women in Jamaica, Queens or E. NY clubs to be hot..Its all about what floats your boat - and anything that suits your taste and style can be found in a large metropolis like NYC.
Agreed. Because the NYC area is so diverse, there are different types of women that appeal to different types of men.

If you go out to a less diverse region of the country (like many parts of the South and Midwest where there are very few Asians and Hispanics and a low foreign-born population, which limits the "selection" of different body types)

Plus, there is a blend of different cultures. There are plenty of people who are mixed from different cultures, so they might have the figure common in one culture and the face and skin complexion common in another. A lot of these "mixes" are attractive to people outside of their ethnic group (and of course, this applies to men as well)

Old 11-16-2011, 06:01 AM

5,452 posts, read 11,249,539 times
On the other hand rural areas have their own charm. Alot of grown up women who only had contact with the opposite sex with their cousins behind the barn on a hot summer night. These females are more than willing to ride with you to the nearest city for a hamburger.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City