Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-30-2011, 04:28 PM

22 posts, read 54,157 times

Advertisements

a friend is moving to brooklyn for her rotation at brookdale hosp - any ideas of housing possiblities on a subway line -within about 25 min commute ?? how is the area around Brookdale hosp ??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2011, 04:33 PM

420 posts, read 806,054 times
Brookdale is in Brownsville, the worst neighborhood in the country, no joke. You don't want her living anywhere near that hospital.

Old 10-30-2011, 04:38 PM

423 posts, read 1,282,080 times
The areas to the north, northeast, northwest and east of the hospital are pretty bad. The ONLY area near it that's somewhat good is to the south of Linden Boulevard. I really wouldn't advise living anywhere in the area.

I would look into the crown heights/prospect heights area on the 3 train. Kingston avenue and Nostrand Avenue stops on the 3 train are decent enough.

And if she decides to take the L train to New Lots to get there, she could look around the Jefferson, Dekalb, Myrtle Wyckoff areas which are once again, decent enough.

Old 10-31-2011, 11:19 AM

3,025 posts, read 6,814,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andez View Post
The areas to the north, northeast, northwest and east of the hospital are pretty bad. The ONLY area near it that's somewhat good is to the south of Linden Boulevard. I really wouldn't advise living anywhere in the area.

I would look into the crown heights/prospect heights area on the 3 train. Kingston avenue and Nostrand Avenue stops on the 3 train are decent enough.

And if she decides to take the L train to New Lots to get there, she could look around the Jefferson, Dekalb, Myrtle Wyckoff areas which are once again, decent enough.
Agree 100%... I'd actually recommend the dekalb myrtle wyckoff area around the L train however moreso than jefferson... Jefferson has gentrified somewhat but really only between Cypress to Irving which is borderline Ridgewood... After that it still is pretty shady... Dekalb and Myrtle Wyckoff however may not be as gentrified but have far more people walking around there than jefferson... I honestly never understood the fascination with living near an industrial area... It just makes it easier for a crime to be committed without anyone knowing... thankfully most of the people that have moved close to the Jefferson st. area haven't had too many problems so far that they still feel comfortable there...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: