Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2011, 01:34 AM

1,726 posts, read 5,865,195 times

Advertisements

I love the fact that it's several hours away, so I can visit when I want to but can otherwise stay safely away from that mess of a city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2011, 06:51 AM

15 posts, read 38,509 times
I like the diversity of the city and the parks.

Old 09-16-2011, 06:57 AM

4,840 posts, read 9,924,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StaggerLee22 View Post
99 percent huh?
You really think that's accurate?
Really.
Absolutely, Didn't you see the census?

Old 09-16-2011, 07:22 AM

801 posts, read 1,106,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StaggerLee22 View Post
Somebody explain this post to me like I'm a two year old.
Gugugaga!!!! You ask for it.. Jajaja

Old 09-16-2011, 11:35 AM

395 posts, read 1,215,359 times
I swear it seems people that move here appreciate it more than natives. I take the city for granted and get annoyed and impatient more often that not. Some days the city is my best friend, and others its not.

I love: The smell of the city. That weird moment when you stop and think "I live in New York City" and then keep moving. Huge slices of pizza for 99cents. Crazy underground Studio 54 parties in Brooklyn.

Old 09-17-2011, 09:22 AM

82 posts, read 153,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheaosaurus View Post
I swear it seems people that move here appreciate it more than natives. I take the city for granted and get annoyed and impatient more often that not. Some days the city is my best friend, and others its not.

I love: The smell of the city. That weird moment when you stop and think "I live in New York City" and then keep moving. Huge slices of pizza for 99cents. Crazy underground Studio 54 parties in Brooklyn.
Just be thankful you don't live in Detroit lol. New York is the greatest city in the country and maybe even the world, I just wish I could afford to live there comfortably.

Old 09-17-2011, 05:56 PM

233 posts, read 907,128 times
Things to do during the wee hours of the morning and the black/white cookie. Shouldn't have to mention pizza and basically food from all around the world.

Old 09-17-2011, 06:12 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,232,779 times
I was born there...as were my parents...and some of their parents.

I have lived in the Bronx and Queens and Manhattan...graduated from Manhattan College.

And I doubt I will ever be there again other than passing through on an airplane.

The City of Oz. No place like it. I took my present wife for a one day tour. We did all the spots below 59th street in a 8 hour sweep.

I also remember slogging up outside of Bellvue in 2 feet of snow after dropping off my first wife...a Bellvue nurse...there are no better.

New Yorkers are not friendly...no way. My present wife will testify to the belief that she should have resorted to mayhem when dealing with NYers at a Deli counter. And she is right. She is a western Canadian by the way...and free of the normal US prejudices.

A wonderous place...but not suited to normal human beings. And that is not all bad.

Old 09-17-2011, 09:29 PM

25 posts, read 44,958 times
Thanksgiving/Christmas is the best time in NYC. The only bad thing is it's cold but it's spectacular!

Old 09-18-2011, 01:39 AM

4,840 posts, read 9,924,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
I was born there...as were my parents...and some of their parents.

I have lived in the Bronx and Queens and Manhattan...graduated from Manhattan College.

And I doubt I will ever be there again other than passing through on an airplane.

The City of Oz. No place like it. I took my present wife for a one day tour. We did all the spots below 59th street in a 8 hour sweep.

I also remember slogging up outside of Bellvue in 2 feet of snow after dropping off my first wife...a Bellvue nurse...there are no better.

New Yorkers are not friendly...no way. My present wife will testify to the belief that she should have resorted to mayhem when dealing with NYers at a Deli counter. And she is right. She is a western Canadian by the way...and free of the normal US prejudices.

A wonderous place...but not suited to normal human beings. And that is not all bad.
I agree. Whenever I leave NYC to go places like Pennsylvania, Florida, Conneticut etc. everybody I meet is much, much friendlier. Hell, you even get hellos from people walking by even if they don't know who you are. New Yorkers are steretyped for being rude, and unfriendly, and obviously, this stereotype didn't come from nowhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City