Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2011, 07:12 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,207,859 times

Advertisements

I've been looking for Dwntwn Brklyn...can't seem to find any good ones?

Thanks,
Ron
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2011, 08:18 PM

1,405 posts, read 2,454,711 times
Here are some. . .

Before I post, just know this thread was created over 2 YEARS ago. Downtown BK changed a lot during that time. Of course the bigger buildings are still up but a lot has changed/still changing. Example. . . The Fulton Street Mall in these photos look NOTHING like it is TODAY. So just keep that in mind. And alot of the new buildings aren't pictured or weren't complete yet. Like The Toren and The Brooklyner.

Downtown Brooklyn

and here's an aerial view with part of DTBK
DTBK

Edit: This picture includes the Toren. (I really wish it was bigger though, the design in person is even better.)

Old 07-01-2011, 08:47 PM

When you say changed, is that good change? As in more development?

In this first link....there is a building that is located on Court St.......what building is that?

I love those old buildings like that. They look strong and sturdy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuddedLeather View Post
Here are some. . .

Before I post, just know this thread was created over 2 YEARS ago. Downtown BK changed a lot during that time. Of course the bigger buildings are still up but a lot has changed/still changing. Example. . . The Fulton Street Mall in these photos look NOTHING like it is TODAY. So just keep that in mind. And alot of the new buildings aren't pictured or weren't complete yet. Like The Toren and The Brooklyner.

Downtown Brooklyn

DTBK

Edit: This picture includes the Toren. (I really wish it was bigger though, the design in person is even better.)

Last edited by Ron.; 07-01-2011 at 08:57 PM..

Old 07-01-2011, 08:53 PM

Here is more. . .

Link

(^^It's being built^^)

Look at THIS First.

Another animation. . .

Willoughby Square

Old 07-01-2011, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
When you say changed, is that good change? As in more development?

In this first link....there is a building that is located on Court St.......what building is that?

I love those old buildings like that. They look strong and sturdy.

Brooklyn is very pretty.
I think it's a good change. More development (especially in areas that were a little run down before) is always good.

Are you talking about Brooklyn Borough Hall?

Link

Link

Old 07-01-2011, 09:16 PM

Yes, B.B Hall.

Is BBH still utilized? If so, what is it used for?

That's a great looking building. When I lived in Chicago there was one in my neighborhood like that. It was huge. I always marveled at it when I walked by. I always had to look up at it.

Those buildings stand the test of time.

Thank god for NYC and Chicago.

Quote:
I think it's a good change. More development (especially in areas that were a little run down before) is always good.

Are you talking about Brooklyn Borough Hall?

Link

Link

Last edited by Ron.; 07-01-2011 at 09:58 PM..

Old 07-01-2011, 09:22 PM

I can believe the Toren is a great looking building. The photo looks awesome, I can only imagine how it looks IRL.

Quote:
Here are some. . .

Downtown Brooklyn

DTBK

Old 07-01-2011, 09:49 PM

Quote:
I can believe the Toren is a great looking building. The photo looks awesome, I can only imagine how it looks IRL.
Yup!

There's a lot of development happening in Brooklyn. A LOT!
& DTBK is one of the neighborhoods that's 'coming up'. Though it's already known (somewhat, lol) and it has a lot of foot traffic.

I can't wait until the arena is done and the whole Atlantic Yards project. I love Brooklyn man. It so much going on and so many projects are already approved for BK. I'm optimistic about the borough and NYC as a whole!

Old 07-01-2011, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Yup!

There's a lot of development happening in Brooklyn. A LOT!
& DTBK is one of the neighborhoods that's 'coming up'. Though it's already known (somewhat, lol) and it has a lot of foot traffic.

I can't wait until the arena is done and the whole Atlantic Yards project. I love Brooklyn man. It so much going on and so many projects are already approved for BK. I'm optimistic about the borough and NYC as a whole!
That's great to hear. That's good for me.....IT's always been my desire to live in NYC but as of late I've been specifically thinking about Brklyn.

Great stuff.

Old 07-01-2011, 10:10 PM

Quote:
That's great to hear. That's good for me.....IT's always been my desire to live in NYC but as of late I've been specifically thinking about Brklyn.

Great stuff.
I'm telling you (and I will probably sound bias but whatever) Brooklyn is the best. It's in the city but it has it's own *feel*. There's no place like BK in the world and it's like a cherry on top, because it's apart of one of the greatest cities. It has a neighborhood for every type of person you could imagine. I just love it. Once you visit and your Manhattan craze is well fed/done, you will see why Brooklyn is home to 2.5+ Million people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City