Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2011, 04:03 PM

1 posts, read 3,408 times

Advertisements

anyone signed a lease or is currently living in this building?
i recently signed a 2 year lease on a 1br there. Im really excited about all the amenites it has to offer.
Also, for those of you familiar with the area, do you have any comments on the area? ive lived in chelsea all my life so this will definitely be a big change.

Mercedes House for those who want to see the buidling
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2011, 10:53 PM

3,025 posts, read 6,828,622 times
I know this is a late response but my friend just got accepted for the affordable housing in that building... That place is beautiful and so modern... Love the fact that when I got there to help for the move they had salsa in the entrance... lol. But as for the place itself it seems like a great place and so far although my friend felt a little nostalgia at first having to leave the place hes called home for years, it seems as if he's moved on within a matter of days about his decision... Also in terms of location, it's a very nice area, maybe not what you're used to but nonetheless a very safe location... As with any neighborhood, basic street smarts and common sense applied and you'll be fine...

Btw, congratulations on the move...

Old 09-07-2011, 06:48 AM

25,433 posts, read 37,266,735 times
Quote:
but nonetheless a very safe location
I looked at Clinton House 2 years ago. Wile the area is definitely being gentrified, I'd still remove that "very" from the recommendation.

Old 09-07-2011, 10:09 AM

3,025 posts, read 6,828,622 times
I guess I was talking about the immediate area around the Mercedes building... It is still Hell's Kitchen but that area has changed drastically from previous years and it continues to improve at least based on the latest statistics...

http://www.nyc.gov/html/nypd/downloa...s/cs009pct.pdf

Old 06-04-2012, 02:23 PM

1 posts, read 2,594 times
Default Hell's Kitchen/Clinton

The link offered in another post
[URL="http://www.nyc.gov/html/nypd/downloads/pdf/crime_statistics/cs009pct.pdf"](http://www.nyc.gov/html/nypd/downloa...s/cs009pct.pdf[/URL]) for information about the safety of the Hell's Kitchen area is WRONG. That link is for the 9th Precinct, not MIDTOWN NORTH, which is the correct Hell's Kitchen precinct. Find the latest Midtown North statistics here:
[url]http://www.nyc.gov/html/nypd/downloads/pdf/crime_statistics/cs018pct.pdf[/url]

I am female and live in Hell's Kitchen; I find it completely safe at all hours of the day and night. It is not a beautiful area, but it is safe and has lots of wonderful restaurants and bars in all price ranges. It is also really near theaters and Lincoln Center.

Mercedes House is an amazing building. It do not live there and don't know anyone who does, but it is wonderful to look at and, as I said, the neighborhood is great.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City