Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2011, 09:10 PM

1 posts, read 4,039 times

Advertisements

Hi.. I'm having some problems where I'm staying I live in The Bronx.. And I have heard about shelters here which are some very good i wanted to kno how does the whole system in a shelter work... It will be me and my husband and our 2 daughters 3yrs old and a 2month old.. Or if you kno another way I can get a cheap apartment thank
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2011, 05:34 PM

15,590 posts, read 15,710,579 times
I don't know of any, but have you tried the obvious routes: checking with the cities, inquiring at churches, investigating organizations like Women In Need?

Old 06-07-2011, 06:53 PM

979 posts, read 4,460,974 times
Families
The Path Office is the intake center for families in need of emergency housing. The Path office is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week:

Prevention Assistance and Temporary Housing (Path) Office
346 Powers Avenue
Bronx, NY 10454

There might be emergency money available to keep you in your apartment. Cheaper to keep you there then trying relocate you.

Old 06-08-2011, 11:46 AM

1,209 posts, read 2,932,940 times
PATh actually moved recently. They are located at 151 E. 151st Street in the Bronx near Walton Avenue.

There is also another place at 400 E. 30th Street & 1st Ave.

Old 07-04-2012, 07:03 PM

2 posts, read 6,930 times
i have a problem i have a child i am about to loose my apt i lost my job I need help family shelter for me and my son i need help like yesterday can someone help me

Old 07-04-2012, 07:05 PM

2 posts, read 6,930 times
I am about to loose my apt my child have disability i lost my job i need help can someone help me to keep my place

Old 07-04-2012, 07:18 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,071,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bible27 View Post
I am about to loose my apt my child have disability i lost my job i need help can someone help me to keep my place
How did this all happen? Wheres the man of the household?

Old 07-10-2014, 09:19 PM

1 posts, read 2,193 times
Default PATH disable kids worst nightmare and right abuse

i am a father of a disable kid and he is cerebral palsy and cronic asmatic and wheelchair bound and allerjic to german roaches oak and grass he is sufering a lt becuase path and volunteers of america regent next step shelter wount place the famaly in a safe place and still sufering from behaivear probloms and still sufering from all the asma atacs that he gets and the parent had write to the mayors office and it looks like the mayor dont give a **** and the parent of this sick kid keeps sufering and olso did a state complaint of the 504 violations of path and volunteers of america and the violatoin of the 504 acomodatoin act and child needing a air conditoiner and path and voluteers of america dont take this child out of this terible shelter i thout they laws was to protect children like this littel boy i thout this was important it like this is more for the best of intrince of path and volunteers of americ and for the best intrice of regent next step shelter this not for the best intrice of the kids that are disabel the city of new york dont give a **** of theys kids and this united state that is there duty to protect theys kids right dont do nothing for theys kids but they will protect other contrys right **** the state of new york it is all about the benjimins all of you stupit fukos can rot in hell path and volunteers of america 504 disability rights violators this is the joker but this is no joke this is real life events

Old 07-10-2014, 10:57 PM

2,478 posts, read 2,773,591 times
Your rant might be taken more seriously were you to use proper grammar and punctuation. Or maybe stand on your own two feet rather than blame the system.

Old 10-06-2015, 10:41 PM

1 posts, read 1,335 times
I am trying to get my own place. I am tried of moving from house to house. I am trying to be on my own. It just me n my son. Can u get me in a shelter. I am on public assistance n I go to school. Please help me get my own place
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: