Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2010, 08:07 AM

596 posts, read 898,055 times

Advertisements

Hi,

It used to be very easy and quick to get to Manhattan Bridge from Flatbush/Atlantic Ave area to Manhattan--especially late at night after 11pm. But this construction has created huge congestion there even at 11:30pm, and I've read somewhere that the construction is going to go on for another two years.

The obvious solution is to take 4th Ave toward I-278 and take the Brooklyn Battery Tunnel, but it'll costs me. I live in Jersey City, and when I come to Brooklyn, I already pay toll at Holland Tunnel. So if possible, I would like to take a bridge.

Another obvious solution may be to take the Brooklyn Bridge, and it looks like I can take Atlantic Ave to Adams Adams St to BB.

Q1: How is traffic toward BB there near midnight?

Also I'm thinking maybe I should take Williamsburg Bridge *without* taking I-278 because I-278 near BB has been congested in my recent experiences.

Q2: What's the best way to get from Flatbush/Atlantic Ave intersection to Williamsburg Bridge?

Thanks.

Atsushi
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2010, 09:10 AM

Actually, I've found a portion of the answer to my question. Manhattan bound lane of the Brooklyn Bridge is closed for repair between 11pm and 6am on weekdays for the next 4 years. So, this leaves me either the tunnel or Williamsburg Bridge.

I can sit in traffic to get on the Manhattan Bridge, but if I do, I won't be able to get to Holland Tunnel before they close one of the two lanes for cleaning at midnight. It costs me extra 40 minutes if I don't get there before midnight.

Maybe I should pay toll for the Battery-Brooklyn Tunnel....

Old 09-01-2010, 09:15 AM

479 posts, read 1,444,077 times
Oh driving in Manhattan. I always hate it. I don't have an answer for you but good luck though!

Old 09-01-2010, 12:12 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,643,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atsushi View Post
What's the best way to get from Flatbush/Atlantic Ave intersection to Williamsburg Bridge?
Take Lafayette Avenue to Marcy. Make a left. When you get to Broadway (which you can't miss, because that's the street with the el!) make another left. That'll take you right to the bridge.

Old 09-01-2010, 01:32 PM

Great! Thanks!

Atsushi
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City