Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2007, 06:35 AM

1,442 posts, read 6,519,274 times

Advertisements

There are lots of gyms in southern Brooklyn, some better than others, some frankly offensive.

I am looking for a good one to join. Working out at home is very limited, even though it is free and I could always hire a trainer.

I live in the Madison-Marine Park-Sheepshead Bay area.

What do people think of the following clubs? Empire Fitness, Studio 54, that club a block away from Studio 54, Paedergat Sports Clubs (appears to have terrific facilities, but it is a bit of a drive and the locker area did not seem that clean when I visited.).

I'm interested in good equipment, friendly people, diversity (ethnic, age and fitness level) patrons serious about their activities and not just about fashion and meet-marketing, classes (especially Pilates and Yoga), availablility and quality of personal trainers, convenient hours, parking, cost and general ambience. I don't want a club I won't go to, either because of inconvenience and/or (bigger problem) discomfort with the ambience. I want a reasonable cost, but I don't want to be penny-wise and pound-foolish.

I think I would endure some travel and inconvenience for a place I really liked than go to a convenient place where I were uncomfortable with the people, ambience and facilities. There are clubs less than 1 mile from my home that I don't like, because of the ambience and/or the facilities. No brainer on that one.

I'm also interested in feedback about Yoga Studia and Yoga Spot.

I'm interested in feedback about the Kingsbay Y on Nostrand Avenue and Ave. V. It's inexpensive, it has a pool, and it has lots of other things going on. It's a real community center. But its hours are limited. And there is no TV to offset the boredom of the aerobic machines.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City