Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2010, 03:47 PM

364 posts, read 1,568,751 times

Advertisements

I'm going to be taking a game in in a couple weeks and am looking for people's input on where to sit. I'm going to be going solo, if that matters. I haven't looked at ticket prices yet, but I'd like to keep the cost around $50 or less. I've never been, so if there are certain places in the stadium that I have to see, please tell me. I'm a huge baseball nut so I'm all about getting there early to walk around and check stuff out. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2010, 04:17 PM

2,256 posts, read 6,957,266 times
Honestly you can see the game good from anywhere. Are you checking out stubhub.com for your tickets? When are you going, weekday or weekend? This year they let you in 2 hrs prior to the game starting as an FYI. It used to be 3 hours.

I go a couple times a month usually on the weekdays mon-thurs for cheaper tickets. I always sit in the grandstand infield section. Never any problems seeing the game. For under $50 you could definitely get a row 1 seat if you want and it gets cheaper as you go up the row and as you are further away from home plate in general.

Old 07-05-2010, 08:30 PM

364 posts, read 1,568,751 times
The seats aren't the same cost throughout a section? That's different.

I'm going on Friday the 16th, against the Rays. Can I just walk up and get a ticket that day, or do the games generally sell out?

Old 07-05-2010, 08:36 PM

655 posts, read 1,992,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djkkt6 View Post
The seats aren't the same cost throughout a section? That's different.

I'm going on Friday the 16th, against the Rays. Can I just walk up and get a ticket that day, or do the games generally sell out?

Most Yankee games are close to being sold out. Usually the only seat you can get that way is a single seat somewhere in the triple digit or beyond price range. You could also try stubhub though.

Old 07-05-2010, 08:58 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,304,138 times
Stubhub

Make sure you get there early to check out Monument Park

Old 07-05-2010, 11:05 PM

47 posts, read 210,281 times
There are plenty of tix on stubhub, but most of them are well over $100

Old 07-06-2010, 04:46 AM

Ok just want to clear up...just go to look on Stubhub for tickets...their are plenty of tickets there. That should clear up and invalidate any concerns about games being "sold out". They most likely will be sold out if you try to get a ticket right at the stadium.

Using Stubhub:
Depending on what game you go to the prices may be a lot. Premium games like when they face the Mets, Red Sox, or even the Phillies or if its Old Timers days, the tickets will be north of $80.

However for all Fri-Sun games the tickets usually start around $25 in the grandstand sections. There are plenty available I guarantee you. Especially since you only need one ticket you can usually find a hidden gem (great seat for a much lower price than retail). And if you go on a weekday mon-thurs the tickets usually start around $10.

Just view stubhub for yourself and get the ticket ahead of time on their. Its very easy and you get to pick your row in the section which is very nice. You were correct in that when you buy directly from the Yankees they sell according to section only but Stubhub people sell according to Row and Section as you'll be able to tell from their prices. But personally I like knowing what Row I'll be sitting at.

Old 07-07-2010, 09:35 AM

2,954 posts, read 12,304,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgt04 View Post
Honestly you can see the game good from anywhere.
That's not totally true in the new stadium. They put that restaurant/private sports club thing in center field and, from a lot of the bleacher seats right next to it, you can't see a big part of the field. E.g., on the left field side of it, you can't see any of right field, and vice versa.

Old 07-07-2010, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by holden125 View Post
That's not totally true in the new stadium. They put that restaurant/private sports club thing in center field and, from a lot of the bleacher seats right next to it, you can't see a big part of the field. E.g., on the left field side of it, you can't see any of right field, and vice versa.
You're right I forgot about the bleacher section...probably because I never consider it when I go look for tickets :P
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City