Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2024, 09:28 AM

2,267 posts, read 1,881,941 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by slee26 View Post
I submitted my doc in March. Dead silent ever since. My log is 13xxx. I guess it is a good sign that you had lots of back and forth. My hopes are low
Do you have CB preference?, what AMI%(s)?, Are you in the senior category? All this things could influence your outcome.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2024, 11:46 AM

19 posts, read 13,986 times
I’m a bit confused about Pronto. I completed the questionnaire. However, the status still says “started”, is this normal?

Old 06-27-2024, 09:39 PM

4 posts, read 1,009 times
I’m in senior preference log 1*** but no cb. I hate the waiting game ! Good luck to you all I hope they start contacting soon .

Old 06-27-2024, 09:42 PM

4 posts, read 1,009 times
My pronto shows “edit” on all household members.

Old 07-04-2024, 08:11 AM

1 posts, read 238 times
I'm not a senior, live in manhattan, but not CB 4, I have lower log 1xx, income qualified. What are the odds of me getting a studio or 1 bedroom apartment here ?

Old 07-04-2024, 08:56 AM

2,267 posts, read 1,881,941 times
Default Submit docs if asked. Do not withdraw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheick Dabre View Post
I'm not a senior, live in manhattan, but not CB 4, I have lower log 1xx, income qualified. What are the odds of me getting a studio or 1 bedroom apartment here ?
Hang in there. Absolutely submit documents if asked. Do not withdraw. Your log # is good. A long wait can help you as lower log#s might find other housing, leave the City, get married, have kids, or lose interest in any way.

Short answer to your question, it’s hard to make odds here because so much info is unknown. Unless you are 130% AMI the odds are very against you. This is because they would have completely run out of eligible seniors at the lower AMI%s and even then there might be a rule that says a new lottery for seniors would have to be held for unfllled units at the lower AMI%s.

It’s one set of log#s and probably not all the log#s lower than yours is seeking the same units that you are seeking.

You should be hoping that all the log# lower than yours are all seniors and live in CB4. For each one that does, it’s another log# that is not ahead of you in the 130% AMI general population line. If we knew that info it would be easier to forecast. But it’s not published. You can learn a bit from reading posts. Has any post said they have taken a 130% AMI unit here yet?

We also don’t know the true interest level of lower log#s is. We can only guess. Some people enter just for fun, etc. and might not pursue a unit or even submit documents when asked.

I assume you are 130% AMI. The other AMI% levels are for seniors. There are only 4 units at 130%. One of the four units is two bedrooms and requires a two person household minimum.

If you are a two person only household only then that qualifies you for all four 130% AMI units. The studios take two persons maximum, the one beds three people maximum.

Likely, for you to prevail lower log#s ahead of you would have to decline a unit. People decline for lots of reasons such as unit is too small, or commute too long, or not nice enough to motivate moving.

Something that can work in your favor is these rents at 130% AMI are low like those at lower AMI%. People might decline any of the 130% AMI units because the rent is not low enough for their budget or tastes.

Because the lottery had Senior in the title perhaps many people didn’t understand that there are some non senior units which discouraged them from entering. If so, that could help your chances.

Submitting docs is good practice and can keep you up to date and ready to submit docs if asked by another lottery.

Good luck and good patience.

Old 07-09-2024, 10:38 PM

2 posts, read 284 times
Default 280 west 24th Street

Hey everyone,

This is my first time uploading documents for a lottery apartment. On the application, we are log #2xxx, and it's just me and my dad applying for the senior section. What are the odds we actually get selected for further processing since we're not Manhattan residents? I've been looking through the thread and noticed that a lot of people got selected to upload documents, so I know it's not guaranteed.

Good luck!

Old 07-10-2024, 10:50 AM

3,249 posts, read 2,879,565 times
Do you live in NYC (i.e., one of the other four boroughs)?

Old 07-10-2024, 12:58 PM

4 posts, read 1,239 times
Wanted to share our timeline:

Feb 21, 2024 Contacted by Settlement Housing Fund to send documents for prescreening

March 12, 2024 Contacted to send missing documents

May 14, 2024 Contacted to send 2nd round of documents

June 6, 2024 Offered to view available apartments that we were eligible for according to our AMI

June 10, 2024 Viewed a 2 bedroom apartment. Then contacted the marketing agent that we were interested in the apartment we viewed

June 20, 2024 Asked for 3rd round of documents

June 27, 2024 Signature requests

July 2, 2024 Saw on Housing Connect that our status changed from Under Review to Review Complete

July 8, 2024 Received an email from the property management of our approval

July 9, 2024 Signed Lease

My mother and I received log number 1xx. My mother is a senior. We have no CB preference. AMI 60%

The building is beautiful! The apartment itself is beautiful as well. The size of the bedrooms are a decent size for us. We are also amazed that we have a terrace! I have no pics or video… sorry. But we feel very fortunate and blessed! We have been applying for over 11 years for an affordable housing apartment and we are super grateful that we finally won the housing lottery!
I have been super busy with work but I just wanted to take the time to share our experience for others that have applied for this building as well. Hope this helps

Old 07-10-2024, 03:03 PM

3,249 posts, read 2,879,565 times
Congratulations to you and your mom! I hope you have a happy life there. A terrace!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery