Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2023, 07:32 PM

4,776 posts, read 6,573,986 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomperson2 View Post
It's an anti-shenanigans method.

Submit anyway! YOU DO NOT KNOW UNTIL THEY SAY "NO."
I agree. Besides, the wording says it’s not limited to those reasons.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2023, 07:41 PM

40 posts, read 25,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomperson2 View Post
It's an anti-shenanigans method.

Submit anyway! YOU DO NOT KNOW UNTIL THEY SAY "NO."
Thank you for saying that- I have had a lot of fails before and its just really exausting at this point.

Old 08-01-2023, 10:38 AM

6,341 posts, read 4,908,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpiya View Post
Thank you for saying that- I have had a lot of fails before and its just really exausting at this point.
Yeah, worse for my sister in NYC whose income fluctuates from month to month and year to year. Keeping up with the lotteries is very frustrating.

Old 08-01-2023, 11:40 AM

3,144 posts, read 2,735,240 times
I know it's a hard and frustrating process. That's why it's important not to take yourself out of the game, but keep pushing (within the rules, of course).

Old 08-01-2023, 02:04 PM

2,031 posts, read 1,645,707 times
Quote:
That was very thorough so I'm thankful but now I don't even want to submit the documents just to get rejected due to this
Don’t reject yourself, it’s not your job. It’s their job to reject or accept your application. Rejections can be appealed, because mistakes happen, appeals can and do prevail under certain circumstances.

Old 08-04-2023, 11:09 AM

40 posts, read 25,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildAboutHarry View Post
Don’t reject yourself, it’s not your job. It’s their job to reject or accept your application. Rejections can be appealed, because mistakes happen, appeals can and do prevail under certain circumstances.
Thank you so much for saying that

Old 08-04-2023, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Thank you so much for saying that
Thank you.

In general, the lottery process is tiresome and frustrating. Stick with it. Again, you don’t make the approvals or rejections, your opinion and their opinion about eligibility might not be the same.

About your particular circumstances for a particular lottery, I don’t know that much about those rules. It might be that initially, or on appeal the original three names will be required to be on the application. Is there an away you can accommodate that? If a household member has moved away, could they move back with you to fulfill a possible requirement? After some amount of time, after you have moved into the lottery unit they could choose to leave.

There are many allowances about household members. I person might be away for employment reasons but intends to return home when their duties are done. Children away at university or in military service.

Consult the marketing Handbook. It’s online.

Old 08-04-2023, 02:06 PM

What If 1:
You seem to be saying you dropped a member of the Household.

Examine the scenario of continuing with the application but only with a two person household.
With a two person household would your household have enough Income to meet the income requirements? And, is a two person household large enough to meet the household size requirements?

If the answer is Yes to both questions that might be the way to proceed.

What If 2:
If one or both of the answers to the above questions is No. If so, would lottery allow you to fulfill the requirements for a smaller unit, for example a studio/1 bed/2 bed instead of a 3 bed/2 bed? Similarly if your household lost a member and the income fell below an income bracket would the lottery offer you a unit at a lower income bracket assuming there was such a unit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery