Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2024, 06:34 PM

6 posts, read 3,253 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone this information is very helpful. My log # is 7$. I’m interested in a 2 bedroom with a 80% AMI. This listing is my #1 choice. It is in walking distance to my son school. Do you all think I have a chance they will reach my number? Is the building complete? Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2024, 07:29 PM

601 posts, read 485,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chenrive View Post
Hi everyone this information is very helpful. My log # is 7$. I’m interested in a 2 bedroom with a 80% AMI. This listing is my #1 choice. It is in walking distance to my son school. Do you all think I have a chance they will reach my number? Is the building complete? Thank you!
Hello,

You have a great log number, if you are within the community board (means if you live close to this building and your address falls within this community board). If that is the case they should have already asked for document submission.

If you don't live in the community board, you will have to be processed after all preferences are processed (community board / hearing & vision / Municipal employee)

For your sake, I hope you either have a preference or get lucky as when there is preferences the lower AMI units get grabbed very very quickly and once the preferences are done there are very few larger units left in lower AMI's

Use this tool to check your CB

If I were you I'd want to make sure if you are in the same community board then reach out to the marketing agent right away and ask why your application has not been called for, if not you'll unfortunately have to wait till the preferences are done with.

Old 05-16-2024, 09:51 AM

Thanks for your response. No I am not within the community board and I don’t have Any other preferences. Are my chances slim to be called this year?

Old 05-16-2024, 09:52 AM

How do you find the marketing agency information?

Old 05-16-2024, 10:03 AM

110 posts, read 104,567 times
Quote:
How do you find the marketing agency information?
Go to the lottery’s page, scroll down past the charts (units/income etc), then you will see the name of the agency.

Good luck!

Old 05-16-2024, 01:41 PM

22 posts, read 14,001 times
Quote:
Normally a two digit # XX has an excellent chance, but this building seams to be really desired. My guess...you have a chance, but being 80% wanting a 2 bedroom, non-CB, it might be a small chance. Who knows.

I tried to call the marketing agency a while back. It went to voicemail a few times and they did not return my one message. If you have any luck finding out if they will be doing non-CB soon, please post it.

Old 05-17-2024, 05:53 AM

Thank you!

Old 05-20-2024, 07:14 PM

16 posts, read 6,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevinasb View Post
Big congrats

You have gotten the apartment, only thing left is signing the lease to make it legally official. You can request a start date 30 days post the hpd review complete date, in some cases there’s more flexibility with start dates to choose what works best for you.
I've moved onto the stage of figuring out when my lease will start and I move in- is there anything official online that states we're allowed to push it 30 days post the HPD review complete date?

ETA- My HPD status changed to approved on 5/10, was sent the confirmation email from my marketing agent on 5/13, and the building finally contacted me today (5/20). The building manager is asking if I can move in on 6/01, but no word on when the lease would start nor when I would sign it.

Last edited by Layla615; 05-20-2024 at 07:51 PM..

Old 05-20-2024, 10:15 PM

601 posts, read 485,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Layla615 View Post
I've moved onto the stage of figuring out when my lease will start and I move in- is there anything official online that states we're allowed to push it 30 days post the HPD review complete date?

ETA- My HPD status changed to approved on 5/10, was sent the confirmation email from my marketing agent on 5/13, and the building finally contacted me today (5/20). The building manager is asking if I can move in on 6/01, but no word on when the lease would start nor when I would sign it.
You should be able to choose a lease start date of 6/9 or 6/10 since that will be within the 30 day lease start date.

Let the agent know that hpd housing connect line let you know that and you cannot have two residences as per the affidavit you signed and you will need that time to empty out your previous apartment and close out the lease etc.

It’s their job to convince people to start right away and start paying. You are well within your rights to choose a 30day post approval start date

Old 05-21-2024, 06:13 AM

Congratulations!! Would you mind sharing if you had a low log # or preference. I want this building so bad!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery