Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2024, 05:32 PM

2,271 posts, read 1,887,038 times

Advertisements

Studio|| 1 b || 2 b || 3 b || 4+ beds
358 || 226 || 356 || 124 || 44
1/21/2022 || 1/8/2024 || 10/9/2020 || 3/19/2016 || 8/15/2016

At this moment I don’t know the year of the lottery that filled the 1 bed.

2024 so far is filling more than one unit per day across those displayed on MC connect.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2024, 10:18 AM

9 posts, read 10,962 times
I have a low log # on the 2 bedroom list from 2022 (#2X). I'm wondering if anyone has any updates or knows anything about where the list stands?

Old 02-09-2024, 12:11 PM

1 posts, read 702 times
I actually wanted other peoples' interpretation of:
what does ' TWO (2) BEDROOM: No fewer than three persons, a brother and a sister who are both
adults, or a parent or guardian with at least one child'...mean?

My interpretation is that a parent/guardian with a child is qualified for a two bedroom, am I wrong?

Old 02-09-2024, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzglam View Post
what does ' TWO (2) BEDROOM: No fewer than three persons, a brother and a sister who are both

My interpretation is that a parent/guardian with a child is qualified for a two bedroom, am I wrong?
Seems one parent with one child might qualify. If you are near the top of a waitlist you might get a reply from the building. If otherwise they might not take anytime with you.

This has been discussed before. Scroll back and see what you find here. Also Use ‘Search this Forum’ to see what has been said already. Look for it near top right corner on this page. https://www.city-data.com/forum/new-...using-lottery/

Old 02-10-2024, 11:14 AM

885 posts, read 1,409,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzglam View Post

No, you're right! In fact that is my household makeup and last month I got a notice, and my money order back, saying my application was not eligible because I didn't meet the household makeup for the 2 bedroom. Mind you, I sent in the money order and application in January 2023. Took them a whole year to wrongly decide that?! I appealed! HPD contact said they made a mistake and my application will be reinstated. I actually have a letter in the mail from them that will be delivered today (saw it on the USPS informed delivery screen).

Old 02-10-2024, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiniCakes View Post
No, you're right! In fact that is my household makeup and last month I got a notice, and my money order back, saying my application was not eligible because I didn't meet the household makeup for the 2 bedroom. Mind you, I sent in the money order and application in January 2023. Took them a whole year to wrongly decide that?! I appealed! HPD contact said they made a mistake and my application will be reinstated. I actually have a letter in the mail from them that will be delivered today (saw it on the USPS informed delivery screen).
This is a prize worthy post. Appeals can work.

Keep in mind, other buildings, or non Mitchell Lama buildings might have different standards.

(So far as I know, Money Orders don’t expire. They can hold them indefinitely. I suppose that is why they are used. They can’t bounce.)

Old 02-10-2024, 06:04 PM

345 posts, read 862,773 times
This is something that has always bugged me. I live with my brother, who is an adult, and obviously, we would prefer a two-bedroom. But with their phrasing, you are not sure if you can apply for a 2 br.

Old 04-20-2024, 10:29 PM

41 posts, read 12,497 times
For those that live in Strycker's, do you know anything about the size of the studios? I got rather lucky and got a very low double digits log number (less than 15). Hoping I will be called this year or the next but then again, I don't know if it'll be that quick. The income limits are okay-ish on this building, and I'm just praying that when/if I am called, I'm still within the income band! I love the neighborhood.

Old 04-21-2024, 09:13 AM

Default AMI limits rise each year. Over limit might be possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by avocado_aficionado View Post
For those that live in Strycker's, do you know anything about the size of the studios? I got rather lucky and got a very low double digits log number (less than 15). Hoping I will be called this year or the next but then again, I don't know if it'll be that quick. The income limits are okay-ish on this building, and I'm just praying that when/if I am called, I'm still within the income band! I love the neighborhood.
I don’t live in Stryckers. I don’t know if any existing Strycker’s residents follow this forum let alone this thread.

An archived Strycker’s floor plan might be in this archive. Keep in mind it might have had a different name way back when it was proposed, and the existing name is an odd spelling so try searching different spellings, and even a different street # as proposed.
https://dlc.library.columbia.edu/nyre

( Stryckers is about 233 units. How many are studios? Since you have a low log# they might respond to your questions. It would be useful know the distribution of units for the various unit sizes. )

Many Mitchell-Lama buildings have policies that allow households to go over the income limit. For example, by up to 50% over. Such households pay a surcharge. I don’t know how much the surcharge might be but as with most things Mitchell-Lama it could be worth it.

US HUD AMI% are raised every year. They were just raised for Metro NYC.
As of April 1 this year:

120% AMI for a ONE person household is $130,440, 130% AMI is $141,310.
120% AMI for a TWO person household is $149,160, 130% AMI is $161,590.

( I will not attempt to calculate 125%. )

https://www.nyc.gov/site/hpd/service...an-income.page

The 2022 Stryckers lottery for Studio max income at 125% AMI was $133,500 but that likely is the figure for a TWO person household.

Likely, Stryckers must use the current year’s AMI figures.

A Mitchell-Lama with such a good location and only ~233 units the vacancies per year will likely be small.

Old 04-21-2024, 04:29 PM

41 posts, read 12,497 times
Yes, I'm aware of the income bands. I think I practically have a PhD in Mitchell Lamas by now, lol. But thank you!

I've tried to get more intel on the building but the property manager doesn't answer the phone/e-mails without at least 5 weeks of follow up each time. And when they do respond, they only answer one of your questions. Very frustrating.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery