Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2022, 03:23 PM

6 posts, read 6,816 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikailnyc View Post
does anyone knows the size of their room if its 2 bedroom or 3 bedroom the building related to 2943 one. any pictures ?
PLEASEEEE update me on how it went?? did you move?? I also got contacted and paperwork is being submitted to HPD. Do you have pictures you can share? lol tell me anything please
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2022, 10:15 PM

6 posts, read 6,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by galacticrocklady99 View Post
My log number was 4xxx and I signed my lease for my unit last week! I was initially contacted to start the process in early November. I'll be getting my keys at the end of the month
Hey are you able to share pictures?

Old 05-30-2022, 04:41 PM

15 posts, read 15,416 times
To those who have already moved in or are living in the area: does it feel safe at night around the bldg, in the area, and in the elevators, common areas of the bldg? Also, housing connect asks for SS card and birth certificate and agreement to credit review. Can having outstanding student loans make you non eligible to become a tenant? Are the apartments large? Thank you, everyone

Old 05-30-2022, 07:06 PM

2,010 posts, read 1,628,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by appreciative View Post
To those who have already moved in or are living in the area: does it feel safe at night around the bldg, in the area, and in the elevators, common areas of the bldg? Also, housing connect asks for SS card and birth certificate and agreement to credit review. Can having outstanding student loans make you non eligible to become a tenant? Are the apartments large? Thank you, everyone
Examine this handbook and you will gain knowledge:
https://www1.nyc.gov/assets/hpd/down...g-handbook.pdf

Good luck and good patience.

Old 05-31-2022, 11:59 AM

11 posts, read 7,861 times
Quote:
I live next to it. It's safe area you have police station close.

Old 06-02-2022, 07:59 PM

13 posts, read 14,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackiec221 View Post
PLEASEEEE update me on how it went?? did you move?? I also got contacted and paperwork is being submitted to HPD. Do you have pictures you can share? lol tell me anything please
Hey, any progress with hpd?

Old 06-02-2022, 09:11 PM

28 posts, read 25,139 times
Quote:
hey i just got the apartment a month ago and didnt move yet, but i can tell you this , the area is safe to live , however , when you take certain street like mermaid avenue to subway station , u will see some people hanging around the store , smoking weed and some people be having loud music in front of store. all that gang vibe in the area, but again those guys should be okay as long they dont bother anyone. i just feel like when you go to work or come back from work. you dont wanna see your street to be wild like this . u want to go home calm . we know coney island subway is very busy and wild certain times but looks safe cuz cop is there always. so if you take surf avenue to this coney island phase 1 . u would almost love it , how calm and almost no one in this street . only mermaid avenue is hot because it have all the deli store and people who live in section 8 from couple blocks from coney island phase , and other neighbor. they all take mermaid avenue to go subway station and bus stations. this building have surrounded by cameras all around . but people give a less caring nowdays i see. they be making the street dirty and hanging around as well. wont say who are they but still, coney island beach area is getting wild with wild people. it was good before still good but if those wild people keep coming more this side than it will be like bronx and brooklyn crown heights which already look like beside less crime than there .

Old 06-02-2022, 09:18 PM

Quote:
hey i just got the apartment a month ago and didnt move yet, but i can tell you this , the area is safe to live , however , when you take certain street like mermaid avenue to subway station , u will see some people hanging around the store , smoking weed and some people be having loud music in front of store. all that gang vibe in the area, but again those guys should be okay as long they dont bother anyone. i just feel like when you go to work or come back from work. you dont wanna see your street to be wild like this . u want to go home calm . we know coney island subway is very busy and wild certain times but looks safe cuz cop is there always. so if you take surf avenue to this coney island phase 1 . u would almost love it , how calm and almost no one in this street . only mermaid avenue is hot because it have all the deli store and people who live in section 8 from couple blocks from coney island phase , and other neighbor. they all take mermaid avenue to go subway station and bus stations. this building have surrounded by cameras all around . but people give a less caring nowdays i see. they be making the street dirty and hanging around as well. wont say who are they but still, coney island beach area is getting wild with wild people. it was good before still good but if those wild people keep coming more this side than it will be like bronx and brooklyn crown heights which already look like beside less crime than there .
Thats very good to know. Congrats on your apartment! Did you view the apartment yet and have pictures? I would like to see what the apts look like.

Old 06-02-2022, 09:30 PM

28 posts, read 25,139 times
yes the apartment is room are standard sized , not too big or small, the kitchen is attached with the living room , it have everything you need , over all its beautiful apartment. if you got beachfront than your are winner , ask your agency which side of the building they got you on , ask for 2943 west 20th street beachfront side . I got all the way in the corner but the roof top is nice u can see coney island board walk clearly , gym is okay not too big and dont have lot of equipment though. just basic few. ask your agency to see the apartment . they can do that. while you are on processing.

Old 06-03-2022, 12:32 PM

Quote:
yes the apartment is room are standard sized , not too big or small, the kitchen is attached with the living room , it have everything you need , over all its beautiful apartment. if you got beachfront than your are winner , ask your agency which side of the building they got you on , ask for 2943 west 20th street beachfront side . I got all the way in the corner but the roof top is nice u can see coney island board walk clearly , gym is okay not too big and dont have lot of equipment though. just basic few. ask your agency to see the apartment . they can do that. while you are on processing.
Thank you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery