Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2022, 09:16 PM

505 posts, read 469,631 times

Advertisements

My sister number is 9xx I’ll let you guys know if they call for her
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2022, 01:27 PM

2,090 posts, read 1,696,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah99Mills9 View Post
No they don’t only 50% of the units goes to CB then the rest they give to General population
We are forgetting Municipal Employee preference (5%) which goes after CB pref. For 351 units 5% equals 17 units without rounding. Anyhow, we can estimate approximately 217 units with no type of preference set aside.

Old 04-08-2022, 03:20 PM

16 posts, read 15,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildAboutHarry View Post
You have several things working in your favor. You make a good case study. I saw in another post your log # is under 200 but you don’t have CB preference. This lottery has a very large number of units which is good for you. People sometimes overlook the fact that not 100% of the units get CB preference. At some point, the 50% or whatever amount of units have CB preference will get filled. With good luck there will be a unit you qualify for that you will want in the remaining balance of units.

It will take some time.

I understand this is a just a grind of time. I am of course very excited however as I've never made it this far.

Regarding the case study feel free to ask any questions you might have.

Old 04-08-2022, 07:45 PM

2,090 posts, read 1,696,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay95 View Post
I understand this is a just a grind of time. I am of course very excited however as I've never made it this far.

Regarding the case study feel free to ask any questions you might have.
I have written this before and maybe you have already figured this out.

You should consider that your less than 200 log# might not have the maximum of 198 log#s before it. This can be true because many of the lower log#s might have dropped out along the way when applicants did not respond and other applications were disqualified for some reason or another.

Still other log#s are not seeking the same sized unit as you are, for example log# 10 might want a 3 bedroom while you want a 1 bedroom. The same can be true for AMI% category. It could be there are few log#s lower than yours that are the same AMI% as you are.

Good luck and good patience.

Old 04-11-2022, 01:54 PM

Update:

I got all my Docs in and went for the interview/viewing. I was going for the 100% AMI 1BR but also fit in the 100% and 130% AMI studio categories. Prior to coming in I was informed by my case worker I was being vetted for a 1BR which was perfect as that was exactly what I wanted. When I got to the office they told me I was being waitlisted for a 1br so anyone else waiting here just know its waitlist time. As we went through the interview process and my income was being verified I am told they can put me in a studio as those are available and there are no longer 1BR apartments available. It was of course the 130% ($1510) version and not the 100%($1197) version. I was told despite the AMI the studios are all the same so the price difference is just what it is. To me, this was the worst of the three options I was available for so I honestly didn't really want it before seeing it but I decided I would go look at it anyway because if it was nice enough why not. The studio was barely bigger than a walk in closet. I know we're in NYC and all but it honestly felt pretty disrespectfully small, especially considering we are in South Queens. For the a bit more you can probably rent out an entire basement a little bit further out. That being said, I declined and asked to be waitlisted for the 1BR. I was told there are multiple people on the list already so despite my low long number I will probably be waiting a while.

Also, I saw a post on their wall of the available units, that I was told wasn't up to date, dated 4/1/21 (Assuming they meant to put 4/1/22 and it is up to date honestly) and on that the entire 100% AMI category was crossed out as rented. So if you're looking for 100% AMI you're going to be waitlisted like I was assuming. The entire 130% AMI was available. 40% AMI had everything but the 1BRs crossed out. 60% AMI I didn't get a good enough look at honestly but there was a lot of crossing out on that as well.

I wish everyone luck Looks like I am out of this race

Old 04-11-2022, 02:04 PM

I will say though if you're a commuter (F/E line) or any of the buses at 169th Term its really a paradise. The building has an Aldi on the first floor (under construction), Dollar tree around the corner, Marshalls around the other corner, home depot across the street, planet fitness within 2 blocks (the building has a gym didn't tour it though), and the entirety of Jamaica avenue available to you. If I didn't drive, and WFH I might value that a bit more and could understand someone else wanting to live in that studio. For me it was just not the right fit.

Old 04-13-2022, 04:01 PM

36 posts, read 32,907 times
Update

Was just told to upload documents. Log number 2XX no cb and I’m in the 60% ami

Old 04-13-2022, 06:07 PM

586 posts, read 590,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy809 View Post
Update

Was just told to upload documents. Log number 2XX no cb and I’m in the 60% ami
My step dad moved in there today its a nice building and nice apartment but u can tell it's cheaply made

Old 04-14-2022, 01:25 AM

36 posts, read 32,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goku23 View Post
My step dad moved in there today its a nice building and nice apartment but u can tell it's cheaply made
How long was the process after you submitted his documents ?

Old 04-14-2022, 07:34 AM

586 posts, read 590,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy809 View Post
How long was the process after you submitted his documents ?
After his documents was submitted it took about 2 weeks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery