Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2017, 07:29 AM

44 posts, read 120,459 times

Advertisements

So they are saying they cannot accept my appeal because of how much time has passed. I refuse to accept that, it is not my fault I did not receive this letter, USPS in my area in notoriously horrible I also just receive a letter to appear for jury duty dated in September. I have complained to the post office several times to no avail. I also requested to me contacted via email as my preference for this very reason. and secondly I CONTACTED them a few weeks ago via email to check on the status of the application and they mentioned nothing about a denial or any sort of letter being sent out. And I know I provided the required paperwork because I have a file of all the hard copies of paper work I sent in. I double. triple checked everything knowing how important it was to have a complete file.

This is frustrating. I requested a call back from a supervisor am sending a formal appeal via certified mail today and will make a trip down there tomorrow if I need to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2017, 08:42 AM

I am so upset, they lost our paperwork and are now trying to blame us. I sent everything, I have a hard copy of everything we provided. Why would we provide a bank statement for the checking account and not the savings it makes no sense. and if we got the rejection letter why would we email requesting a status update. supervisor called me and basically said the files were missing there is nothing she could do. I am sending a formal letter of appeal via certified mail. I cannot believe they just tried to brush me off as if this is somehow our fault. Basically saying you emailed us but you should have contacted us quicker when we were told to wait 2 months!!!

I am not hopeful this will go our way after the conversation I had with the supervisor there, she offered to look at the files and than said ah well its not here the rejection is valid that is the end of it. When I know things get lost all the time! She said things never get lost which I know is a load of BS. I as wondering if there is a manager or anyone else I can forward my complaints to but she basically said she is the highest person I could speak too.

I am so upset we really need this apartment, IDK what else to do...

Old 01-30-2017, 09:07 AM

1,214 posts, read 1,859,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elle.T View Post
I am so upset, they lost our paperwork and are now trying to blame us. I sent everything, I have a hard copy of everything we provided. Why would we provide a bank statement for the checking account and not the savings it makes no sense. and if we got the rejection letter why would we email requesting a status update. supervisor called me and basically said the files were missing there is nothing she could do. I am sending a formal letter of appeal via certified mail. I cannot believe they just tried to brush me off as if this is somehow our fault. Basically saying you emailed us but you should have contacted us quicker when we were told to wait 2 months!!!

I am not hopeful this will go our way after the conversation I had with the supervisor there, she offered to look at the files and than said ah well its not here the rejection is valid that is the end of it. When I know things get lost all the time! She said things never get lost which I know is a load of BS. I as wondering if there is a manager or anyone else I can forward my complaints to but she basically said she is the highest person I could speak too.

I am so upset we really need this apartment, IDK what else to do...
You can try emailing HPD. hpdcompliance@hpd.nyc.gov

Old 01-30-2017, 09:23 AM

Thank you! Going to email them now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiivile View Post
You can try emailing HPD. hpdcompliance@hpd.nyc.gov

Old 01-30-2017, 11:05 AM

7 posts, read 12,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gowanusdweller View Post
I recently received a call to schedule an appointment next week to sign paper work in order to have my application be submitted to HDP for review. If the process goes as planned, HDP approval/rejection should take 1-2 weeks. So potentially people could be finding out their final answer by the middle of February. Relative to other affordable application processes, this one is moving fast, which is nice for a change!
Hi there, about how long did it take for you to hear something back after they requested verification paperwork from your HR department? My HR sent the paperwork back, and I'm just wondering the ETA of the next step. Thanks an congrats on moving forward.

Old 01-30-2017, 12:00 PM

34 posts, read 62,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchell2017 View Post
Hi there, about how long did it take for you to hear something back after they requested verification paperwork from your HR department? My HR sent the paperwork back, and I'm just wondering the ETA of the next step. Thanks an congrats on moving forward.
I'm self-employed so I did not have any HR verification process. My initial interview took place in early November.

Old 01-30-2017, 12:21 PM

3,699 posts, read 3,889,148 times
It is NOT comforting at all knowing that personal files can just "go missing" like that considering that our entire identity and all our personal financial information is included in these files! Sensitive financial and personal documents like that are supposed to be heavily guarded and stored so they don't go missing. I am so sorry to hear about your situation.

Old 01-30-2017, 12:39 PM

Thank you everyone. I've accepted the rejection and just going to move on. it sucks. It is not worth the stress this situation has caused me. Good luck to everyone else!!!! I truly hope some of you are the lucky ones to move in. My recommendation is stay on them, send emails requesting status updates every few weeks and if you get a rejection appeal right away. Once again good luck to all!

Old 01-30-2017, 12:56 PM

20 posts, read 46,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elle.T View Post
Thank you everyone. I've accepted the rejection and just going to move on. it sucks. It is not worth the stress this situation has caused me. Good luck to everyone else!!!! I truly hope some of you are the lucky ones to move in. My recommendation is stay on them, send emails requesting status updates every few weeks and if you get a rejection appeal right away. Once again good luck to all!
You've been nothing but helpful since the very beginning -- it sucks that this has happened to you. Remain positive and hopeful, something "greater" is in store for you <3

Old 01-30-2017, 01:24 PM

7 posts, read 12,479 times
Got it, thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery