Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2017, 10:00 AM

46 posts, read 46,922 times

Advertisements

Sent them an email asking:

"do you know how long those waiting lists get, or how long you have to wait to be called for a unit once you are placed in the waiting list? (ball park answer is fine)"

Their response was:

"Not exactly sure honestly ."

By the looks of it, this person is a simple employee that responds to the emails people send over to Wavecrest, without having an actual clue of what is really going on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2017, 11:31 AM

124 posts, read 221,587 times
I guess that's some good news we still have a chance

Old 01-11-2017, 11:34 AM

39 posts, read 41,119 times
I read this thread from the beginning and it took one woman 4 years to be called , no thanks ! I'm moving on for my own sanity .

Old 01-11-2017, 12:30 PM

I can only wait until next friday anyways. I will let you guys know if anything happens from here until the friday of next week. Good luck and take care everyone!

Old 01-11-2017, 01:04 PM

23 posts, read 36,496 times
If you are on a waiting list you have to wait until people leases are up that's like 2 years or more.

Old 01-11-2017, 01:07 PM

213 posts, read 190,940 times
not exactly, i know someone who was on lease for 2 years & he lost his job couldn't afford to pay rent anymore. they kick him out. for instance, let say someone move two Webster Commons A & B, for some reason they cannot afford paying rent after 7 month, well guess what >> ?

Old 01-11-2017, 02:02 PM

83 posts, read 83,513 times
Nope still not giving up

Old 01-11-2017, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinabaii View Post
If you are on a waiting list you have to wait until people leases are up that's like 2 years or more.
We should officially hear from them sooner or later and we will know whether or not we were denied or placed on the waiting list. You are wrong by the way. The waiting is entirely random because it depends on an apartment becoming available for whatever reason. The lease is 2 years but someone who pays through the full lease, will not simply give up their apartment. People on the waiting list will get called if someone can no longer continue to pay their rent, willingly move out (to a better place), die, or simply don't want the apartment that they are offered (like you did).

For those on here who actually make it to the waiting list, you might not get the apartment now, but at least you will be on a waiting list while you continue to live your life. Sooner or later, you will get that call.

Old 01-11-2017, 03:07 PM

83 posts, read 83,513 times
Shut down!!!!! Lmao. Waiting list is better than a denial in my eyes thanks for the positivity friend!!!!

Old 01-11-2017, 09:36 PM

23 posts, read 36,496 times
Hope you get an answer soon. The time these ppl contact you. Youll be in a better apartment. The company that is handling these building I felt they wasn't really organized.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery