Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2017, 10:12 AM

83 posts, read 83,537 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinabaii View Post
Gotta remember it's a lottery. Only like 60 apartments for thousands of people. Have to remember it's a possibility you won't get call. But make sure You sign up for every lottery apartment.
That part I understand. What I'm saying is that after they eliminate those that don't fall into their right income, they shouldn't just run all the damn background checks cus after 500 ppl pass the check and they only have 10 apartment available you can't tell me it's a lottery again where they pick out the last batch out of 500. There ha to be some type of protocol involved and if they waitlist you you should be notified right away. Don't keep ppl waiting for months. There were ppl in the beginning of this thread that had an interview in may 2015 and didn't score anything till November 2016. That's wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2017, 10:36 AM

46 posts, read 46,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by XrayDEE09 View Post
That part I understand. What I'm saying is that after they eliminate those that don't fall into their right income, they shouldn't just run all the damn background checks cus after 500 ppl pass the check and they only have 10 apartment available you can't tell me it's a lottery again where they pick out the last batch out of 500. There ha to be some type of protocol involved and if they waitlist you you should be notified right away. Don't keep ppl waiting for months. There were ppl in the beginning of this thread that had an interview in may 2015 and didn't score anything till November 2016. That's wrong.
You are absolutely right. It's appalling. Out of thoudands of applicants, only like 100 are chosen, or less depending on the amount of apartments available. They should not take so long to give you an answer.

Old 01-03-2017, 10:37 AM

39 posts, read 41,135 times
I kind of feel down now that maybe I didn't get it . Hearing that there were only 9 of the 1 bedroom apartments and that's what I qualify for and it was a two day interview and my log number was in the 4,000s I'm a little discouraged and accepting my fate at this point .

Old 01-03-2017, 10:40 AM

46 posts, read 46,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYPRINCESS94 View Post
I kind of feel down now that maybe I didn't get it . Hearing that there were only 9 of the 1 bedroom apartments and that's what I qualify for and it was a two day interview and my log number was in the 4,000s I'm a little discouraged and accepting my fate at this point .
Stay positive, you never know if out of the few people who won the lottery, your number was actually the lowest. These applications receive 100k + applicants sometimes

Old 01-03-2017, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Girl DO NOT under any circumstances lose hope. I honestly don't see what the log # has to do with it. My log # was 1414 ppl looked at it like I would be in there for sure and that's not the case at all I'm still waiting for a reply just like everyone else so don't let that get to you. This week is he 4 week mark we all have different situations with different dynamics and apart from stinabaii non of us have been contacted. You're still in the running!!!

Old 01-03-2017, 07:59 PM

The log number matters a lot because once you pass every check and it's time to start doing apartment offers , they pick by log # . Say 80 people passed and there is 60 apartments . They pick 60 people with the earliest housing logs out of the 80 . I read that in a housing lottery what to expect forum .

Old 01-03-2017, 08:13 PM

Well **** girl then we are all screwed. 63 apartments available. And our number is in the thousands.

Old 01-03-2017, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XrayDEE09 View Post
Well **** girl then we are all screwed. 63 apartments available. And our number is in the thousands.
Maybe not because we were picked out of all the logs for the lottery and maybe some of the highest logs didn't pass the check . I kind of lost hope but like you said we weren't contacted yet it's only week 4.

Old 01-04-2017, 05:08 AM

Quote:
Maybe not because we were picked out of all the logs for the lottery and maybe some of the highest logs didn't pass the check . I kind of lost hope but like you said we weren't contacted yet it's only week 4.
Seriously though. I'm within their income range got all my papers in and I haven't been called and my log # is super low

Old 01-04-2017, 05:16 AM

Quote:
The log number matters a lot because once you pass every check and it's time to start doing apartment offers , they pick by log # . Say 80 people passed and there is 60 apartments . They pick 60 people with the earliest housing logs out of the 80 . I read that in a housing lottery what to expect forum .
Hey girl I did some serious research!!!! The log number only matters to be picked for an interview not for further processing after the interview happens!!!!!!! So you have just as a good of chance as anyone else after your application has been picked for an interview!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery