Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2011, 09:46 AM

14 posts, read 84,515 times

Advertisements

actually got an interview with them tomorrow. Nervouse but excited. My credit has some issues that I need to resolve before I can get into most places. Hopefully my current income is enough for them overlook student loans and whatnot

Old 07-05-2011, 03:51 PM

507 posts, read 689,761 times
..well I was called back in for a second interview and the examiner took more copies of my bank statements,and rent reciepts for last 6 months-the funny thing was I went there,and the receptionist at the desk-she took my documents and told me to leave..then 2 days later I get a message on answerring machine-teling me I had to be physically seen-so I can sign off on some papers-see!..how they operate,now I had to take another being late to work day..minus spending more car-fare on my metro-card! BAH!..fry a egg on my head!.
well,after going through that process,I guess its still in investigations..they got to wait for the paperwork to come back from different agencys..even my job. I hope they save me a 1-bedroom!,and dont try to stiff me in no studio!..and i want to be facing the-park!..well its been like 3 weeks already..i don't know when they'll get back to me..maybe i should email the woman who interviewed me..but im anxious,because they look like they wanna look out for me..and not like brucknerbythebridge!..they're full-of-s%@t!.

Old 07-05-2011, 04:01 PM

317 posts, read 579,142 times
deli167st.... I understand your frustration but being demanding isnt going to get you anywhere. As you can see it hasnt worked thus far! If you do get the apartment and its a 1 bdrm but its not facing the park as you want TAKE IT! Beggars cant be choosey! At least you will be in affordable housing something you have been fussing about for what seems forever. Its time to get positive because your negative thinking hasnt been bringing about the best results. Good luck with everything!

Old 07-05-2011, 04:05 PM

Talking ..get on your knees-because.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShakenBacon3 View Post
actually got an interview with them tomorrow. Nervouse but excited. My credit has some issues that I need to resolve before I can get into most places. Hopefully my current income is enough for them overlook student loans and whatnot
they look at the credit,and background issues close..thats it..they like working classs people,because they're not going to be running in and out all day..just go to work,come home..and shut the-door!..I have no real credit mishaps..only 1 bill that im clearing,as long its being attended to..but im praying for you-sis...remember its not like in the 70-s-80's..when you produced your check-stubs..and had your 1 month rent n security..they check-EVERYTHING!!..and these programs are really under heavy scrutney..they dont want you in their buildings mixing/making BOMBS!..you know!?.

Old 07-05-2011, 04:18 PM

Cool funny thing is-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephanie Davenport View Post
deli167st.... I understand your frustration but being demanding isnt going to get you anywhere. As you can see it hasnt worked thus far! If you do get the apartment and its a 1 bdrm but its not facing the park as you want TAKE IT! Beggars cant be choosey! At least you will be in affordable housing something you have been fussing about for what seems forever. Its time to get positive because your negative thinking hasnt been bringing about the best results. Good luck with everything!
I'am in a affordable housing apartment now..I just wanna move!..i been in my current apartment 12-13yrs..paying rent!..cash!..im not on public assistance..or S.S.I..I work!..so back then when i was applying..they investigated me..d.o.i..department of investigations..and i got in..because im clean!..now for me to get somewhere else..whats the problem!?..I have a place now to lay my hat..im not living with my cousin..or on my momas couch..or better yet,..renting a-room!..or have all my stuff up in storage and living outta a shelter-shh..some of these buildings you wouldnt even know its a shelter-until you see the security guard in the lobby-telling you..no visitors-who you wanna see?..baby boo-im not begging-neva-that!..i already know im in like-flint1..if my name isn't what it is-where theres a-will-theres a way!..do what the romans do-and the africans!..

Old 07-05-2011, 06:26 PM

365 posts, read 502,643 times
So wait...deli167, you did get through with Bruckner?! I thought all this time you said you were rejected along with a friend! Damn! I'm all off! Lmao! Today makes 2 wks since i had my interview, and just this afternoon, my boss' secretary came and brought over my employment verification packet and told me to take it upstairs to our agency's human resources dept. I should have it back by tomorrow. Other than that, I don't know what else needs to be done.

Old 07-05-2011, 07:58 PM

Moneboo.... Its good to know that they're verifying your employment at least you know things are moving along nicely. Did they ask you for your pension info? They waited like almost 2 months to tell me they needed a letter from NYCERS because my pension was considered an asset. If they didnt ask you for it maybe you should still go to NYCERS and have them print it out just to be on the safe side so that in the event they call you and ask for it all you have to do is fax it to them. Normally the office just sends in the documents you submitted on your initial interview. When it gets sent to the city to be scanned its the city that will call management and tell them what else the applicant will need.

Old 07-05-2011, 08:31 PM

You know what's funny, I read this thread before going on the interview and got a copy of that mailed to me. So I guess I'll just fax that over along with my employment verification tomorrow.

Old 07-05-2011, 09:01 PM

moneboo.... Smart thinking

Old 07-05-2011, 09:11 PM

Yup! LoL....I'm just ready to go. I really hope they call after my vacation next month though. I've already started picking up a few odds and ends here and there at a couple of stores. (ie: Macy's, Bed, Bath & Beyond, etc.) So when they call me in, all I'd have to do is pack up and go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.