Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2009, 03:57 AM

3 posts, read 6,629 times

Advertisements

I'm moving to Edgewood this weekend with family, and I'm worried about finding work. My standards are fairly low, and I'm willing to work retail/fast food if need be. My main concern is being able to find two jobs though, as the wife and I both intend on working two jobs (each) as we're both young and able, and like the extra money. What type of jobs are available for two young people (20 and 19), that are looking for flexible jobs? So far I know of a Walgreens, Sears, Wal-Mart, McDonalds, Dairy Queen, and Radio Shack, but what other types of franchises and businesses operate near or close to (within 10 miles or less, I would rather not have a job in Edgewood and a job in Albuquerque for example) Edgewood? Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2009, 11:30 AM

3,422 posts, read 10,906,831 times
The Radio Shack is closed, but there is a Smiths. There are actually two McDonalds (one is inside Walmart). Moriarty has a truck stop and some fast food places and is 7 miles exit to exit.

There are a few restaurants in Edgewood: Chili Hills, East Mountain Grill (up 344 to Dinkle), Pizza Barn, Subway, and Home Run Pizza. There are a couple of discount dollar stores, a gas station, and a video store. Also Napa and Autozone.

Good luck. I would first check Wal-Mart - chances are with school getting out some of the parents that work there might need to change or reduce their hours for the summer.

There is also a workforce connections office somewhere in Moriarty that has job leads.

Old 05-05-2009, 11:41 AM

3,557 posts, read 10,221,152 times
There is a new brewery in Moriarty (not a new brand, but new construction). They might be hiring.

Sierra Blanca Brewery

You could look into Cedar Crest as well... they have a few restaurants and other businesses.

Old 05-05-2009, 11:51 AM

3 posts, read 6,629 times
How long (roughly) does it take to drive from Edgewood to Albuquerque?

Old 05-05-2009, 12:07 PM

5,548 posts, read 16,085,640 times
It's 25 miles from Edgewood to the "edge" (heh) of Albuquerque - all freeway.

6 foot 3 makes it in 15 minutes if there is heavy traffic.

Old 05-05-2009, 12:14 PM

3,422 posts, read 10,906,831 times
Depends on where in Edgewood but for me getting to most of Albuquerque east of the river takes anywhere from a little over 30 min to under 50 min.

There are a lot of people who do the commute every day but probably not for the kind of jobs you are looking for. Lots of Sandia Labs, military, etc.. type people do the commute.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico