Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2009, 09:40 PM

4,264 posts, read 9,280,639 times

Advertisements

We probably won't get any moisture here in Alamo but it will probably get cold enough up in High Rolls over the next day or so to kill the cherries if there were any to begin with. It has definately gotten cooler as the sun has gone down and the wind was kicking up today. Those of you in Northern NM be careful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2009, 09:52 PM

215 posts, read 652,394 times
OOOHHHH....I'm so glad I'm not driving in this stuff.....the wind is blowing from the north, and the snow is blowing sideways, heading south. This is the stuff that causes 'white outs'....lots of drifts, lots of snow and soooooo much wind. It's about 15 right now, wind chill of -7 and steady wind at about 40 with gust up to 55.....I know we need the moisture, but doesn't Mother Nature know how to dole it out a little nicer? This reminds me of my Canadian winters

Old 03-27-2009, 12:35 AM

464 posts, read 1,157,655 times
I just hope everyone stays safe in this one It's sounding really bad. And I hate to mention it but they are talking about another one about 1 week away. I know we need the moisture and really want it, just be really careful out there and those in the northren region, check in now and then. Geeees Hunter I'm glad you and Sun are spending the night on your trip! Wouldn't want ya to attempt to drive in what some parts are gettin'
I hope the forum glitches are over and we can keep in touch here We did the barn up yesterday morning real well. Loaded the hay huts and all in the paddocks. I won't be goin' out first thing in the mornin' for a while. We're ready to fight what ever comes. I won't be goin' out for the next few days. And they'll probably cancel/reschedule our horse clinic and dinner for tomorrow nite. Well and tack sale on Sunday too now that I think about it
They are callin' it a 20 year Blizzard. Whew.
Take care everyone! Keep us posted Stay in touch

Tia Dalma

Old 03-27-2009, 07:07 AM

4,264 posts, read 9,280,639 times
Well it is chilly here this morning and I was wrong we got a tiny bit of wet. The Sacramentos on the Alamo side have a light dusting of snow so I am thinking that Cloudcroft got snow last night. The upside is that this snow melts and helps with our water issues even though we personally don't get any. Hope all in N NM are okay this morning.

Old 03-27-2009, 07:16 AM

215 posts, read 652,394 times
Top of the mornin to all - whew, what a ride! It looks the same as it did when I went to bed except snow drifts all over and a pretty good layer of snow all around. The wind is the same, and very, very cold. My little dog just about did a 'Toto' this morning and flew away! I don't know how all the 5th wheelers here did last night, I bet it was one they won't forget. Most of the trailers sit 'bedroom heading north' and i'm sure it was a wild night. I'll try and post pics later....off to work - Its about 14 degrees, wind is 35-45mph and wind chill -7.....brrrrrhhhh....

Old 03-27-2009, 07:57 AM

3,011 posts, read 10,028,666 times
Lots of snow here this morning in Eldorado -- maybe 4-5 inches and still falling.

And it's 15º here!!!

I'll have pictures posted on my blog later today.

Last edited by Towanda; 03-27-2009 at 08:15 AM..

Old 03-27-2009, 08:57 AM

26,527 posts, read 51,773,200 times
Default Area Weather Reports From Humans

Rio Rancho - About 1/2 inch of snow fell here earlier, it stopped, sun just popped out, visibility 5 miles, 8 mph wind, temp 29 f.

ABQ East Side - About 1 inch of snow fell, sun just popped out, cold.

Santa Rosa - 2 hours ago - My truck driving brother in law, a native of Florida, is stuck there with four foot snow drifts.

Rich

Old 03-27-2009, 09:13 AM

7,395 posts, read 19,344,251 times
Dusting of snow in Timberon, in the 30's now and seems to be warming up a little.
We have a little gadget on our Timberon website where we can also find out how much moisture is being evaporated and as you can guess, we need ALOT of moisture.
You all with the snow and ice, be safe and stay home if you can.

Old 03-27-2009, 09:59 AM

390 posts, read 952,304 times
Here at the foot of the beautiful Capitan mountains we received about an inch of snow. Still snowing lightly. My son and grandson will be excited (once they wake up) to take the Rhino out to play. For all you wondering that's a 4x4 vehicle.

Old 03-27-2009, 10:49 AM

1,399 posts, read 4,180,577 times
Just a chilly morning here in Mesilla..the snow didn't get down here, but just talked to friends who are going to be delayed driving down here from Santa Fe. This is kinda why we picked southern New Mexico... I can't see any snow on the Organs, so I think it missed us. Lots of people with hats, coats and mittens though. This born n raised Michigan boy just switched out of shorts and into jeans, but I'm keeping my jacket in the closet. Being underdressed kind of brands me as a midwesterner here lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico