Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2008, 03:56 PM

77,770 posts, read 105,245,024 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by loborick View Post
My brother lives in San Antonio and laughs when I talk about government corruption here. He says it's nothing compared to San Antonio and Texas. And what about Chicago? It's everywhere. I just got off the SF New Mexican site and people were saying how SF was not safe anymore because a guy murdered his girlfriend yesterday. It is the fourth homicide in the city this year. Wow.
We lived 13 years in Texas, 7 in NM, let's face it all states have their share except AR of course () but I still think NM was more obvious...The corruption was blatent!!!

Nita
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2008, 10:59 PM

4,552 posts, read 15,066,422 times
Quote:
My brother lives in San Antonio and laughs when I talk about government corruption here. He says it's nothing compared to San Antonio and Texas. And what about Chicago? It's everywhere. I just got off the SF New Mexican site and people were saying how SF was not safe anymore because a guy murdered his girlfriend yesterday. It is the fourth homicide in the city this year. Wow.

so Im assuming your brother knows all about NM corruption

Old 12-15-2008, 07:50 AM

77,770 posts, read 105,245,024 times
Quote:
of course it is safe, but overall NM is very corrumpt. This isn't saying Chicago or Ill isn't, as well as other places, and Sante Fe is a great place to live if you have money, are on the liberal side and welsome tourism, all this, doesn't change the fact NM, especially in the past few years has had a run of corrupt politicians..

Nita

Old 12-16-2008, 01:04 AM

1,663 posts, read 3,715,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
of course it is safe, but overall NM is very corrumpt. This isn't saying Chicago or Ill isn't, as well as other places, and Sante Fe is a great place to live if you have money, are on the liberal side and welsome tourism, all this, doesn't change the fact NM, especially in the past few years has had a run of corrupt politicians..

Nita
Which politicians are corrupt?

Old 12-16-2008, 06:41 AM

1,763 posts, read 6,012,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Tim I beleive you according to the study, but I wonder how the study was handled???
Nita, I think the results of the study were based on the actual number of convictions for corruption. Which, of course, doesn't necessarily mean the most corrupt. One might even make the argument that the states with the most corruption convictions were best @ cracking down on corruption! I don't know...but there is probably some kind of correlation there...

Old 01-03-2009, 08:41 PM

21 posts, read 46,425 times
I have lived in NM ( by choice) since 1969, moved here from Northern California. It is a love -hate relationship. The people, the hot food, the scenery and the climate are the pluses. The state government is the worst. Corrupt, corrupt , corrupt ! And tis crime riddled. It is a great place to be a criminal

Old 01-04-2009, 03:18 PM
HTC

27 posts, read 141,387 times
Were also a big leader in Drunk Drivers and Domestic Violence.

Old 01-04-2009, 08:15 PM

4,262 posts, read 9,308,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTC View Post
Were also a big leader in Drunk Drivers and Domestic Violence.
wow, you aren't joking when you mention this, and not only are we a big leader we don't punish them for doing it. I always wondered what happened to the 3 strikes your out thing?

Old 10-22-2010, 07:28 AM

71 posts, read 157,598 times
Yup, we live very near San Antonio, and the news is frightful every night.....we are moving to Alamogordo this year, we hope.

Old 10-22-2010, 08:10 AM

26,527 posts, read 52,001,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjbasin View Post
Wow. Four cities in New Mexico are on the Farmers Insurance company list of "Most Secure Places to Live". Pretty cool. They are Albuquerque, Santa Fe, Las Cruces, and Farmington.

Fifth Annual Farmers Insurance Study Ranks Seattle Area as Most Secure Large U.S. Community
And a year later only one city in New Mexico is on the Farmers Insurance company list of "Most Secure Places to Live", Las Cruces.

Sixth Annual Farmers Insurance Study Ranks Most Secure Places to Live for 2009:
Large Metro Areas (500,000 or more residents)
  1. Austin-Round Rock, Tex.
  2. Des Moines-West Des Moines, Iowa
  3. Madison, Wis.
  4. Bethesda-Gaithersburg-Frederick, Md.
  5. Rochester, N.Y.
  6. Honolulu, Hawaii
  7. Syracuse, N.Y.
  8. El Paso, Tex.
  9. Portland-South Portland-Biddeford, Me.
  10. Nassau-Suffolk Counties, N.Y.
  11. Minneapolis-St. Paul-Bloomington, Minn.
  12. McAllen-Edinburg-Mission, Tex.
  13. Portland-Beaverton, Ore.-Vancouver, Wash.
  14. New Haven-Milford, Conn.
  15. Bridgeport-Stamford-Norwalk, Conn.
  16. Pittsburgh, Pa.
  17. Seattle-Bellevue-Everett, Wash.
  18. Colorado Springs, Colo.
  19. Denver, Colo.
  20. Scranton-Wilkes-Barre, Pa.
Mid-Size Cities (150,000 - 500,000 residents)
  1. Fargo, N.D.-Moorhead, Minn.
  2. Olympia, Wash.
  3. Sioux Falls, S.D.
  4. Bellingham, Wash.
  5. Rochester, Minn.
  6. Kennewick-Richland-Pasco, Wash.
  7. Lynchburg, Va.
  8. St. Cloud, Minn.
  9. Duluth, Minn.-Superior, Wis.
  10. Las Cruces, N.M.
  11. Bremerton-Silverdale, Wash.
  12. Killeen-Temple, Texas
  13. Charlottesville, Va.
  14. Provo-Orem, Utah
  15. Fayetteville-Springdale-Rogers, Ark.
  16. Green Bay, Wis.
  17. Fort Collins-Loveland, Colo.
  18. Boulder, Colo.
  19. Yakima, Wash.
  20. Yuma, Ariz.
Small Towns (Fewer than 150,000 residents)
  1. Lewiston, Idaho-Clarkston, Wash.
  2. State College, Pa.
  3. Bismarck, N.D.
  4. Logan, Utah
  5. Ithaca, N.Y.
  6. Wenatchee, Wash.
  7. Corvallis, Ore.
  8. Morgantown, W.Va.
  9. Eau Claire, Wis.
  10. Rapid City, S.D.
  11. Midland, Tex.
  12. Sioux City, Iowa
  13. Harrisonburg, Va.
  14. Billings, Mont.
  15. Grand Forks, N.D.-Crookston, Minn.
  16. Grand Junction, Colo.
  17. Blacksburg-Christiansburg-Radford, Va.
  18. Wausau, Wis.
  19. Mount Vernon-Anacortes, Wash.
  20. La Crosse, Wis.-Winona, Minn.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico