Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2007, 06:42 PM

15 posts, read 224,787 times

Advertisements

Will be relocating to Las Cruces in 1 year; thought about subscribing to the magazine 'New Mexico'.

Of course the subscription adverts all look great. Anyone here a subscriber or care to comment?

John
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2007, 06:46 PM

10,203 posts, read 27,113,560 times
I like the magazine very much. Of course not every issue is good, but for the most part the issues are as good as or better than other regional magazines.

I keep many of the issues because they've done an excellent job on special areas/regions to visit with incredible detail (maps, routes, etc).

hth

Old 01-10-2007, 08:13 PM

2,857 posts, read 6,723,847 times
Default Magazine Disappoints

I have subscribed to the magazine many times. I have a current subscription right now. I always find myself disappointed with the magazine and don't renew. After missing NM for a awhile, I subscribe again. I find myself in the same cycle again. I don't plan to renew. The magazine is mostly ads and could be so much more. More fluff than substance.

Old 01-10-2007, 10:00 PM

3,011 posts, read 10,025,226 times
I love New Mexico Magazine! We have subscribed to it for many years, at least 30. It has its ups and downs depending who is the editor and what changes they make to the look of it.

BUT...for the most part, I find it very well done, with magnificent pictures and quality writing. For space reasons, we have not kept 30 years worth of issues, but I tear out articles about places around the state that we want to visit and explore when we move there....and keep them in several folders.

I am always getting more ideas about places to see, as well as great recipes, as well as articles about the history of the state.

From this thread, it looks like everyone does not like it, but I can tell you that I do. Being out of state, I even enjoy the ads!

Old 01-11-2007, 12:13 AM

11,798 posts, read 25,178,279 times
NMRNEd, I have subscribed to the magazine for years and like it very much, although the latest restructuring of it doesn't thrill me. If you are moving to NM, I would definitely subscribe to it. The ads are quite interesting to me.

Old 01-11-2007, 06:14 AM

9,191 posts, read 21,870,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NMRNEd View Post
Will be relocating to Las Cruces in 1 year; thought about subscribing to the magazine 'New Mexico'.

Of course the subscription adverts all look great. Anyone here a subscriber or care to comment?

John
I took out a new subscription about 6 months ago, and have been enjoying it....despite the ads and the new look. One of Our Fifty is Missing is always a riot, LOL!!!

Just like Texas Monthly, it has far too many ads. But...it pays the bills.

Old 01-11-2007, 06:20 AM

1,566 posts, read 4,422,967 times
I've subscribed to "NM Mag" for about 15 years and enjoy it for its articles about interesting places to go.

The articles about special people are also interesting.

Sure, it has an abundance of ads, but someone has to pay the bills (besides us subscribers).

Old 01-11-2007, 07:18 AM

39 posts, read 269,160 times
Thumbs up NM Magazine

Whether you live here, are thinking about living here or just visiting, the magazine has some good info in it.

Old 01-11-2007, 08:18 AM

7,599 posts, read 18,404,425 times
I advertise (Town of Clayton) in the Vacation Guide and sometimes in the NM Magazine. I do have a subscription and find it a good read. But i think the two of these are just a teaser, they give you information on how to contact the various towns and have the send you information etc.

Old 01-11-2007, 08:07 PM

15 posts, read 224,787 times
Default Thanks!

I really appreciate the thoughtful responses.
Seems like most everyone finds it helpful if not totally to their tastes, so I'm going to go ahead and subscribe.

Many thanks to all, and looking forward to relocating....

John
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico