Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2008, 02:26 PM

6 posts, read 48,266 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone
My first post. Just wanted to know if estancia is a safe area. I have been through there only once in 06 & loved the views & open land & i would like to move there in 09 . I will be back next summer to look at some places there. My wife & i don't go to the movies or bars we stay home alot just go to work & go home so i don't need to be close to action. Estancia looks like you can have a home by itself with no other homes near you & we love that. Also when we stayed at the motel 6 in Albuquerque , when i walked my dogs at 2 in the morning i saw alot of bugs on the ground that looked like roaches but couldn't tell if they were or maybe beetles , hard to see at night. Doe's anyone know if the estancia area has any roaches?
I ask that because when i lived in southern Virginia for 1 year i lived near a farm & there were alot of roaches in the fields which i couldn't believe i thought they were mostly in city areas. Last Question folks . Doe's New Mexico have state inspections for their cars?
Or just registration . Of course i wouldn't drive a car with no brakes but you know how these east coast shops make a big deal on the stupidest little thing wrong on your car to pass inspection & get your money.
Thanks everyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2008, 09:05 PM

775 posts, read 2,587,352 times
Default Estancia is A Great Place

Named for a Spring there which is now a Big Pond for Fishing and its the City Park where they have all kinds of Entertainment and gatherings in the Summer plus the Rodeo. Its a Very Friendly town with little crime and its the Perfect place for people who want to Retire and if you have Kids they have Great Schools or did a few years ago. They have a couple of Restaurants and two Conveniece Stores and a Recently Built Family Dollar and a Wells Fargo Bank and the County Seat is in Estancia I think. As For Roaches if they are around Get you some Raid and spray it around once or twice a month and that takes care of the Roach Problem. If you saw lots of Bugs in Albuquerque i could assume they were June Bugs they are brown and the size of a pinto bean by the Way they have the Bean Festivals Around Estancia and the Pumpkin Chucking Cannons that are shooting Pumpkins over half a Mile. The June bugs come around once every two or Three years they come around by the Thousands but not a Big Deal except sometimes they do mess up your windshied while your driving. But i think the Center and Northern Part of N.M. get so Cold for Roaches that they dont stay around too long if there are any. pintada kid at webtv.net

Old 06-12-2008, 10:53 AM

Default Thanks so much Pintada kid

Appreciate your reply . I love the area in estancia near highway 41.
We'll be there in 09.

Old 06-12-2008, 11:14 AM

3,011 posts, read 10,024,515 times
Hi moparsnguitars!

Welcome to the New Mexico forum!

Good luck getting the information you need and in your search leading up to a move to NM!

Old 06-12-2008, 03:00 PM

Hi towanda
Thanks so much for the welcome , love the new mexico forum read it all the time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico