Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 06:15 PM

298 posts, read 1,149,571 times

Advertisements

The rain does smell great! I cracked the windows a bit so that we could enjoy a bit of that rain smell indoors.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2008, 06:28 PM

1,063 posts, read 3,024,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipeweld View Post
I am mighty jealous 6'3. Hey anyone from Timberon --
You all getting any. A little sprinkle here south of Dallas, but also tornado warnings. Wish we were there.
David, the way the radar looks, nope.. We sure need rain up there.
Lets think of a picnic around the 4th of July...For all that wants to come.
Jane

Old 04-09-2008, 07:02 PM

550 posts, read 1,550,357 times
Thumbs up Rain, Keep Hoping

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilegal View Post
David, the way the radar looks, nope.. We sure need rain up there.
Lets think of a picnic around the 4th of July...For all that wants to come.
Jane
Vacation is scheduled!!! We should arrive on the 4th is the plan. Hopefully one trip up before then though.

David

Old 04-09-2008, 07:16 PM

153 posts, read 759,580 times
They said 30% chance in Socorro and it really wanted to but hasn't happened yet. The clouds are still lingering so maybe tonight, although the wind is suppose to be here tonight...oy, we need rain not wind! Everything blows right over this town....

Old 04-09-2008, 08:12 PM

29 posts, read 91,776 times
Default hey members

hey 6 foot can you give me a quick run down of what albuq is like i seen on the internet today about some big solor company broke ground just south of albuq in the long run suppose to creat 1,500 jobs and the spaceport coming sounds like you guys are on the up thats why i was thinking of coming out there just not sure where to go try albuq or las cruces being from michigan i might not be able to take that pounding heat in southern nm but man after 36 yrs of being in the cold and long dark days i need a whole lot of sunshine so i can feel young again lol like i said i am a driver by trade was even thinking of something like buying a crane boom truck or are all the construction jobs tied up?

Old 04-09-2008, 11:03 PM

92 posts, read 421,801 times
I hate you...I live in Phoenix where it never rains....Hopefully I'll be in NM in a few years.

Old 04-10-2008, 02:58 AM

13,134 posts, read 40,628,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crete071 View Post
hey 6 foot can you give me a quick run down of what albuq is like i seen on the internet today about some big solor company broke ground just south of albuq in the long run suppose to creat 1,500 jobs and the spaceport coming sounds like you guys are on the up thats why i was thinking of coming out there just not sure where to go try albuq or las cruces being from michigan i might not be able to take that pounding heat in southern nm but man after 36 yrs of being in the cold and long dark days i need a whole lot of sunshine so i can feel young again lol like i said i am a driver by trade was even thinking of something like buying a crane boom truck or are all the construction jobs tied up?
Commercial construction is booming in ABQ. The new Solar Plant and Fidelity both just broke ground out on Mesa Del Sol amongst other projects and housing to start out there. Also ABQ, Rio Rancho and Los Lunas schools are in the process of spending over 1 billion in constructing new schools and renovations to others in the metro area as voters have passed several large Bond Issues for these. Also I-40 has new freeway construction projects going on both east and west and later this year NM DOT will break ground on I-25 south renovations. Construction is strong all over the city including Rio Rancho to the north and Los Lunas to the south.

Definately no recession in Albuquerque or most of New Mexico.

I understand how you may feel in the heat after being up north for so long as i'm the opposite as cold and dark depress me. Maybe when you see all the sunlight it will fire up your endorphins in your brain...lol...anyway it does so to me. Also it's a dry heat so it can be 95 but sit underneath a big shade tree and you feel nice and not covered with sweat.

6/3

Old 04-10-2008, 05:13 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,799,372 times
Crete071 - Go West young man. Michigan is imploding and New Mexico is growing. Need any more reason if you are a CDL construction truck driver?

Old 04-10-2008, 09:20 AM

5,548 posts, read 16,084,695 times
kensgirl explained:

> Originally Posted by me
> > The temperature has dropped so much that I wouldn't be surprised to see snow.

> Ah, what a difference 2000 feet make. We actually had snow flurries interspersed with rain today.

The snow started right after I turned off my computer. Only a bit of it stuck on top of walls and such.

Old 04-10-2008, 10:19 AM

6,218 posts, read 7,732,114 times
[quote=crete071;3410715] being from michigan i might not be able to take that pounding heat in southern nm but man after 36 yrs of being in the cold and long dark days i need a whole lot of sunshine so i can feel young again lol QUOTE]

Yeah, Get the hell out of Michigan. I left there at age 31, came to SW FL, Never regretted getting out of that depressing, grey, cloudy place. SW FL has become an overcrowded , economically stressed area. After just about 18 years here, I've got my eyeball on TorC in about a year. As I'm in the boating industry here, being near the lake would be mandatory for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico