Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2017, 06:54 PM

23,688 posts, read 9,386,686 times

Advertisements

Hi everybody, I am going to Ruidoso soon and do any of yall know of any good coffee shops?I normally go to Starbucks.I googled the Starbucks in Ruidoso and it had some pretty bad reviews.Is the Starbucks there fine or do yall know of a locally owned mom-and-pop coffee shop that would be better?Thanks in advance,New Mexico Forum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2017, 07:42 AM

26,527 posts, read 51,773,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C24L View Post
Hi everybody, I am going to Ruidoso soon and do any of yall know of any good coffee shops?I normally go to Starbucks.I googled the Starbucks in Ruidoso and it had some pretty bad reviews.Is the Starbucks there fine or do yall know of a locally owned mom-and-pop coffee shop that would be better?Thanks in advance,New Mexico Forum.
I grew up drinking Café con leche...

I do not normally go to Starbucks, but this page has Ruidoso coffee shops listed which includes a Starbucks: Ruidoso, New Mexico Coffee & Tea Shops

A yellow page listing which is longer: http://www.yellowbook.com/s/coffee-shop/ruidoso-nm/

Old 08-25-2017, 07:48 AM

4,280 posts, read 9,165,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C24L View Post
Hi everybody, I am going to Ruidoso soon and do any of yall know of any good coffee shops?I normally go to Starbucks.
The three principal ones, in MY order of preference:

Sacred Grounds Coffee and Tea House
4.4 (185) · $ · Coffee Shop
Cozy cafe with a lodge–like interior
2704 Sudderth Dr

Zocca Coffee & Tea
4.7 (26) · Coffee Shop
1129 Mechem Dr

Starbucks
3.9 (81) · $$ · Coffee Shop
Iconic Seattle-based coffeehouse chain
2722 Sudderth Dr

You can find others by Googling on: Ruidoso coffee shops.

Old 08-25-2017, 08:11 AM

3,763 posts, read 5,861,321 times
Went to Sacred Grounds a couple times. Really nice and homey feeling. Would recommend it over Starbucks. They have really unique ice cream as well.

Old 08-25-2017, 10:54 AM

102,212 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogarven View Post
Went to Sacred Grounds a couple times. Really nice and homey feeling. Would recommend it over Starbucks. They have really unique ice cream as well.
I'm puzzled as to why Starbucks is so popular. To me, it seems like a sterile environment. Have people forgotten how cozy and homey locally-owned coffeeshops can be? I would think that experiencing a bit of the local color/flavor would be part of the fun of visiting a place. Especially if they have their own bakery section or ice creams to sample. A good coffeeshop can enhance the whole experience of visiting a new place.

I hope the OP enjoys his visit to Ruidoso. Report back to us, OP, if you try any of the suggestions here.

Old 08-25-2017, 11:11 AM

1,043 posts, read 1,452,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joqua View Post
The three principal ones, in MY order of preference:

Sacred Grounds Coffee and Tea House
4.4 (185) · $ · Coffee Shop
Cozy cafe with a lodge–like interior
2704 Sudderth Dr

Zocca Coffee & Tea
4.7 (26) · Coffee Shop
1129 Mechem Dr

Starbucks
3.9 (81) · $$ · Coffee Shop
Iconic Seattle-based coffeehouse chain
2722 Sudderth Dr

You can find others by Googling on: Ruidoso coffee shops.
Sacred Grounds and Zocca both get pretty high marks on sites like Yelp as well, including praise for the quality of their coffee.

Old 08-25-2017, 12:07 PM

26,527 posts, read 51,773,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I'm puzzled as to why Starbucks is so popular. To me, it seems like a sterile environment. Have people forgotten how cozy and homey locally-owned coffeeshops can be? I would think that experiencing a bit of the local color/flavor would be part of the fun of visiting a place. Especially if they have their own bakery section or ice creams to sample. A good coffeeshop can enhance the whole experience of visiting a new place.
I am also puzzled why they seem to be so popular. Starbucks Corporation is an American coffee company and coffeehouse chain founded in Seattle, Washington in 1971. As of November 2016, it has operated over 23,000 locations worldwide.

Perhaps because of the brand name, So many locations and good advertising?

Here is a photo of the original Starbucks in Seattle which we walked by on June 3, 2007. Notice
it still has the original logo. Img_3715_ed by Ricardo, on Flickr. Img_3715_ed by Ricardo, on
Flickr.

Old 08-25-2017, 05:40 PM

4,280 posts, read 9,165,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogarven View Post
Sacred Grounds has been around a long time. It started in a smaller venue, and a couple of years ago moved from that rented space to their own brand new large building that sits above the Rio Ruidoso. Outdoor decks are very popular, overlooking the river below. The new location coincided with a much expanded menu. At select times they host live performers.

Old 08-25-2017, 07:09 PM

102,212 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joqua View Post
Sacred Grounds has been around a long time. It started in a smaller venue, and a couple of years ago moved from that rented space to their own brand new large building that sits above the Rio Ruidoso. Outdoor decks are very popular, overlooking the river below. The new location coincided with a much expanded menu. At select times they host live performers.
This discussion is making me want to visit Ruidoso!

Old 08-25-2017, 09:45 PM

18,217 posts, read 25,861,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
This discussion is making me want to visit Ruidoso!
Plus one!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico