Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2012, 12:25 AM

1 posts, read 1,010 times

Advertisements

My name is Jennifer and my husband, our 3 year old, and I are looking to relocate out west. My husband lived in new mexico around 1994-1999 he lived in las cruces and has become very messed up from everything he has seen and been through there with the cartel and gangs. Although for some reason wants to move back to New Mexico. I have seen some pictures from places in new mexico and it looks amazing!

I have lived in Ohio my whole life and have not traveled anywhere except around Ohio so this move will be scary enough lol. We are both white and we keep to ourselves, very quite and friendly, and are active Christians. I mostly work with MRDD, Children, or elerly although I would like to go back to school to finish getting my teaching degree. My husband would like to open his own landscaping business.

I would not mind moving to new mexico but I have not found very good feed back about any cities really and it kinda scares me lol I am a country girl and I have not been around crime (that I know of) a lot lol I am sure all the places there are not horrible but this is a BIG move and we do not have the money to come check anything out really. I just want to find a place to settle down with my family where we do not have to be afraid of going out side.

We moved to West Virginia from Ohio about a year ago we did not really do much research or have much time to check things out and well it was the worst mistake we have made. The doctors don't even know that they are talking about half the time and the health care just SUX! The people are not very tolerable and I am the type of person who can get along with almost anyone lol So I would like to find out more about a place before we move.

Im sure i am over reacting about the state for the most part. Eventually we would like my parents to move with us so we can help take care of them also I would like my dad to try medical marijuana he has a lot of things wrong with him and I know he would benefit ALOT from it also my husband would like to have it prescribed for some of his disorders also.

We would not have a whole lot of money either the most we could possibly afford would be $500 a month for at least a 2 or 3 bedroom we want to rent at first then save up to buy a house. We are not looking to move until march 2013. If anyone has information on nice places to raise a family in new mexico please let me know thank you :-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2012, 07:37 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,831,688 times
Jennifer - As a prospective resident of New mexico in the future I have studies the area.

First - buy a Benchmark Road Atlas through Amazon so you can figure out where things are located. Also order the State relocation guide from the State of New Mexico website.

Second - read all the threads titled vaguely "looking to move to New Mexico" and take notes.

Three - You cannot afford not to visit the area before you move.

four - use these methods to get as much information as possible before you move.

Five - Try and arrange a job before you move. From whay I have read jobs are few and far between.

Good luck. You may get there before we do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico