Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2010, 11:16 AM

2,834 posts, read 10,778,311 times

Advertisements

Hi.....going to see the Moody Blues at the Count Basie Theatre and made a reservation at the Molly Pitcher Inn. Upon reading some reviews, it seems that the rooms are in need of updating, one web-site said 60% do not recommend from the reviews posted. I was thinking of switching to the Oyster Piont.....
I have never been to Red Bank...jsut picking them out from the internet and don't want to be dissappointed. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2010, 08:18 AM

467 posts, read 1,491,091 times
Why not opt for a B & B in the area...It's only for a night? don't know "how bad" the Molly Pitcher could
be? as long as the room is clean.

Old 03-06-2010, 08:26 AM

467 posts, read 1,491,091 times
Hi try this website..www.bluebayinn.com.........It's in Atlantic Highlands, right near Red Bank..Nice new
place. don't know how expensive it is..but check it out......good luck.

Old 03-06-2010, 05:42 PM

2,312 posts, read 7,536,883 times
I've stayed at the Molly Pitcher and yes the rooms are dated, but it's a nice waterfront location, the restaurant is *really good* and it's a good in-town location. I've never stayed at Oyster Point but I've driven past it and it looks nice. It looks newer than Molly Pitcher, which as been there forever.

I don't know where the Count Basie theatre is but it would be nice to be able to walk to your hotel and back.

Bring some extra cash with you cuz there are lots of fun antique stores in Red Bank. And don't forget a visit to Sea Bright to see the ocean and smell the salt air.

Have fun!

Old 03-08-2010, 06:20 PM

390 posts, read 1,512,150 times
Does it really matter if it's only for one night? Both places are within walking distance to the theater.

Lots of restaurants and bars in the area to walk to.

Old 03-08-2010, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBone View Post
Does it really matter if it's only for one night? Both places are within walking distance to the theater.

Lots of restaurants and bars in the area to walk to.
Well...considering I live with my elderly mother and I am trying to put two kids through college..and I never go on vacation...this 'one night' is a big deal for my husband I as we never seem to get to spend any time alone......believe it or not.

So...YES!!! It Matters! I don't want to sleep in a room that smells of mold on this 'one night'.....

Old 03-08-2010, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delray Patty View Post
Hi try this website..www.bluebayinn.com.........It's in Atlantic Highlands, right near Red Bank..Nice new
place. don't know how expensive it is..but check it out......good luck.
Thank You ...I'll check it out.

Old 03-09-2010, 01:46 AM

390 posts, read 1,512,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE PA! View Post
Well...considering I live with my elderly mother and I am trying to put two kids through college..and I never go on vacation...this 'one night' is a big deal for my husband I as we never seem to get to spend any time alone......believe it or not.

So...YES!!! It Matters! I don't want to sleep in a room that smells of mold on this 'one night'.....
Thanks for your biography. I apologize if my previous post was insulting.

What I meant was since both hotels received mediocre reviews on trip advisor and no one here has stayed at either place within the last few days ... there doesnt appear to be a significant difference between the two except maybe the price. I will say that Molly Pitcher has a larger parking lot and the interior is more ornate and fancy while Oyster Point is a more modern business class and wedding place with limited parking (it's at the end of a very narrow lane).

Both hotels have great riverfront views and walking distance to the Basie with restaurants, shops and bars along the way.

To make it an even more special night have your husband buy you something at Tiffany's in Red Bank.

Old 03-09-2010, 07:32 AM

32,984 posts, read 36,499,577 times
It seems that the only place in the area that that gets consistently good reviews, other than the Holiday Inn Express, is The Blue Bay Inn in Atlantic Highlands, It's about five miles away.

Will definietly be back.... - Review of Blue Bay Inn, Atlantic Highlands, NJ - TripAdvisor

Old 03-09-2010, 09:38 AM

FBone....Your post was not insulting at all. Thanks for the information you gave me. I'm completely unfamiliar with Red Bank...never been there. Tiffany's heh? So...it's very upscale I'm guessing.

Gerania....Blue Bay Inn looks rather nice. I'm wondering if I should let some reviews effect my decision..when people complain about the lack of hot water or a rude front desk employee....it's obvious that those sort of things don't happen all the time!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey