Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2009, 07:13 PM

3,504 posts, read 3,944,576 times

Advertisements

i didn't trust that poll with corzine up 9, never heard of them before. quinnipiac is one of the top pollsters out there and i do trust this poll.

what do I think about it? i don't care who wins, i don't live in nj, but elections always are interesting to see how they play out. while i did vote for obama, i also understand corzine is no good, and christie probably is no good either. if it was me, i wouldn't bother voting in the election, but like i said, im not eligible, so it's not a big deal to me.

i do expect corzine to win though, huge money advantage, obama and clinton pimping him will enthuse people to vote for him, daggert takes votes away from christie, and christie himself isn't an appealing guy, at least imo.

a split with VA and NJ is a win for the dems IMO, with how horrible corzine has been, if he is re-elected, that is 2 wins imo lol. the special ny election will be a nice little treat for the dems if they win, but they themselves know that seat has been repub for over 100 years.

repubs i think will be dissapointed if they don't get both gov spots imo. if you can't beat corzine, good luck in any meaningful race vs. a legit contender in the future.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2009, 07:59 PM

91 posts, read 360,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
i didn't trust that poll with corzine up 9, never heard of them before. quinnipiac is one of the top pollsters out there and i do trust this poll.

what do I think about it? i don't care who wins, i don't live in nj, but elections always are interesting to see how they play out. while i did vote for obama, i also understand corzine is no good, and christie probably is no good either. if it was me, i wouldn't bother voting in the election, but like i said, im not eligible, so it's not a big deal to me.

i do expect corzine to win though, huge money advantage, obama and clinton pimping him will enthuse people to vote for him, daggert takes votes away from christie, and christie himself isn't an appealing guy, at least imo.

a split with VA and NJ is a win for the dems IMO, with how horrible corzine has been, if he is re-elected, that is 2 wins imo lol. the special ny election will be a nice little treat for the dems if they win, but they themselves know that seat has been repub for over 100 years.

repubs i think will be dissapointed if they don't get both gov spots imo. if you can't beat corzine, good luck in any meaningful race vs. a legit contender in the future.
Corzine has proven he is no good for NJ by steamrolling the State towards financial ruin.

Christie on the other hand has a proven track record on corruption, which is sorely needed in NJ.

The rampant corruption in NJ...like the missing 8 billion dollar school construction money, is a direct correlation to the budget woes.

Corzine has failed miserably, a change is needed.

Old 10-28-2009, 08:11 PM

94 posts, read 331,972 times
The rampant corruption, which no one can deny, won't be solved by Christie. He's done nothing in the campaign to demonstrate he's anything like the "corruption busting" prosecutor of lore. If anything, the more we learn about Christie, the less we like. Look at the way his negatives have skyrocketed. The guy's a train wreck.

Old 10-28-2009, 09:05 PM

3,219 posts, read 6,608,846 times
I don't want Corslime to win but I think he will.

I think there are too many Corslime disciples that think he can do no wrong.

These are the type of voters if one who was running was on TV with a sign saying they'd increase taxes 100% right after getting re-elected those voters would still vote for him/her no matter what.

Old 10-28-2009, 10:53 PM

1,057 posts, read 1,935,441 times
Quote:

The Republicans know their position nationally. If Daggett didn't get involved Corzine would have been done months ago. Losing NJ will be on a technicality based on an indy candidate (who may or may not have been bankrolled by the Democrats) who split the vote - it doesn't put the Dems in any better a position. Virginia is the more important race.

Additionally, the Republicans don't really have any use for NJ in the first place. They know they'll lose a Presidential election here no matter what (lots of dead people and brainwashed urbanites voting Dem either way) so it's pretty inconsequential to the national effort. The GOP must reclaim seats they lost in the 2006/2008 elections, most of which were an anomaly to begin with. New Jersey is a lost cause.

Old 10-29-2009, 04:14 AM

91 posts, read 360,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swb212 View Post
The rampant corruption, which no one can deny, won't be solved by Christie. He's done nothing in the campaign to demonstrate he's anything like the "corruption busting" prosecutor of lore. If anything, the more we learn about Christie, the less we like. Look at the way his negatives have skyrocketed. The guy's a train wreck.
Please tell me Christie's negatives, and I don't mean the political propaganda ads like Christie is against mamograms...which is total BS.

With all due respect, I can name real specifics concerning Corzine's poor track record as Governor, like wasting the taxpayers money on the 800% toll monetization plan, spending 1/2 million dollars on a NY State Law firm in a no bid contract to find out what budget items he does NOT have to disclose to the taxpayers, the missing 8 billion in school construction money, highest property taxes in the Nation, soaring unemplomyent, small businesses leaving the State in droves, one of the most business unfriendly States in the US, the Karla Katz e-mails...the list is endless.

Again I would be curious to know what areas Christie has as poor of a record as Corzine. I don't see how anyone can take away the fact that Christie was a very succesful Federal Prosecutor.

Christie will be very tough on NJ political corruption...he has a proven track record. That alone is reason to vote for Christie. Corzine promised to clean up Trenton and has failed miserably. Do you not see the direct tie in with all the political corruption in NJ and the out of control spending????

On the flip side, I would be curious to hear the positives of the Corzine administration. Are there any real ones?

Old 10-29-2009, 05:16 AM

1,235 posts, read 3,972,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeradoDan View Post
The Republicans know their position nationally. If Daggett didn't get involved Corzine would have been done months ago. Losing NJ will be on a technicality based on an indy candidate (who may or may not have been bankrolled by the Democrats) who split the vote - it doesn't put the Dems in any better a position. Virginia is the more important race.
Exactly.

Old 10-29-2009, 05:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jog1151 View Post
Please tell me Christie's negatives, and I don't mean the political propaganda ads like Christie is against mamograms...which is total BS.
That's not what the ads say. They say he wants to remove the mandates that require insurance companies to pay for mammograms if they want to sell insurance in the state of NJ. That is true, he would do that, with the goal of "opening up the market."

A position I happen to disagree with, but so be it.

Old 10-29-2009, 05:20 AM

Corzine will win.

Christie ran a drag of a campaign. Sure, he's not Corzine, but so what. He's not charismatic, and he didn't connect with the people anymore than Corzine does. I'm still going to vote for him.

I'm not 100% sure Daggett is responsible, but he probably will play a role, although it looks like his numbers are shrinking and we really don't know that a Daggett voter would have voted for Christie, maybe the split is 50/50.

Old 10-29-2009, 05:22 AM

Quote:
We're still dealing with the aftereffects of George Bush.

You talk about Clinton coming to promote Corzine, well, why didn't George Bush come for Christie?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey