Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2007, 07:23 AM

12,283 posts, read 35,680,039 times

Advertisements

Anyone have any good suggestions for a restaurant in or around the Flemington area (10 mile radius)? I want to go out for Mother's Day (so no TGIF's or Applebees) and invite my in-laws, and that area is our halfway point.

TIA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2007, 07:51 AM

9,124 posts, read 36,373,754 times
I think it's a little more than 10 miles from Fleminton, but Acqua on 202 is excellent. I think it's considered Bridgewater- it's around 1-2 miles south of the 202/22 interchange on the northbound side.

Bob

Old 05-03-2007, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobKovacs View Post
I think it's a little more than 10 miles from Fleminton, but Acqua on 202 is excellent. I think it's considered Bridgewater- it's around 1-2 miles south of the 202/22 interchange on the northbound side.

Bob
Yes, I've seen that - thanks! Never been there, and always wondered how it was. Have to run it by the inlaws though - the roads only go so far north for them, I think they turn into pumpkins if they go too far beyond Flemington..

Old 05-03-2007, 08:55 AM

1,398 posts, read 7,704,219 times
The Harvest Moon Inn in Ringoes. Ringoes is a tiny village about 4 miles south of Flemington. (I live close by) been there...great for special nites out etc.

Google Harvest Moon Inn...lots of reviews online.

web site:

http://www.harvestmooninn.com/

Old 05-03-2007, 09:11 AM

18 posts, read 92,381 times
There are a few nice spots in Flemington.

1) California Grill is probably my favorite spot. Their specialty is large and unique salads. The salads are a bit pricey but they will easily serve for two meals since they are HUGE. They also serve thin crust pizza and other popular dishes. Check out their menu at http://www.californianj.com
2) If you’re in the mood for Italian, I have two spots for you: Alfonso’s on Route 202N and Capo Ristorante on Church St. which just opened up. Capo is the more elegant of the two but the food at both restaurants is excellent.
3) Main Street in Flemington features an eclectic blend for different tastes. A new restaurant just opened up called Fusion (http://www.fusiononmain.com/). It’s a blend of French and Asian cuisine. I haven’t been there yet but it looks interesting. Check out their website.
4) Also on Main Street is the Main Street Restaurant. They serve regular American food (burgers, steak, salads, etc). The interesting point about this restaurant is that it is across the street from the building where the Lindbergh baby trial took place. In fact, this restaurant was also a hotel at that point in history and many of the reporters covering the trial stayed there. It has that early 20th century feel to it and you can eat outside and enjoy the quaint ambiance of downtown Flemington.
5) There is also Max’s on Main Street. It’s a small place that serves unique Italian dishes. It has a nice intimate feel to it.
6) Finally, if you want to venture outside of Flemington a bit, there is the Seargentsville Inn and the Clinton Inn. These venues provide a perfect setting for a family outing and very good food. Seargentsville is about 6 miles west of Flemington while Clinton is about 10 miles to the north. I am not too familiar with these inns but I have heard rave reviews from friends.

I hope you find the perfect place!!

Old 05-03-2007, 11:34 AM

1,398 posts, read 7,704,219 times
Gresford...did you read the original post ?? it said "(so no TGIF's or Applebees)"
Both couples are traveling and want to meet 1/2 way at approx Flemington...so they don't know the area...

So why would you recommend a number of places that would be flattered if someone said they were better than TGIF's or Applebees ?

Because of my GF's work schedule (gets home +/- an hr or so) we eat out a LOT. Nearly all of the places you mentined are fine for that...but that's NOT what Tahiti was asking for.

California Grill Yes great salads...NO atmosphere whats so ever unless you consider sitting next to a very large fish aquarium charming. It's NOT where you go for mother's day.

Alfonso’s and Capo Ristorante Capo, havn't been there yet, it's almost new but I'm suspect of resturants in strip malls. Alfonso's..this is without a doubt the worst. I don't even go there at all !!... It's a pizza place that also serves pasta etc. It has the worst interior of any of the places you mentioned. The food is cheap but very very forgettable. The place is frequented by soccer moms with the kids right from a game still in uniform etc. Many of the parents seem to feel we All want to get to know their little devils so they let them run around. And if you're lucky enough to get a table near the right rear area you get to partake of the bathroom traffic visa the delicate aroma of the mens room urinal deordorant tablets.!! Great.
Main street and Max's are much more on point. Outdoor seating at Max's etc. But... they are as you said on main street. While that may not be a problem for you and I consider that these folks are coming from out of town. You and I both know there is almost NO parking to be had near by. We know that you can park down near the junction and walk up to the places. (a real good block or two) For those not familiar with the area to hike 2 blocks
(in the rain maybe ??) is ridiculous.

Seargentsville Inn and the Clinton Inn: Clinton Inn..never been there , a little far. Seargentsville Inn.... now you've got it. I would recomend it also.

Tahiti :Also check this place out....it's in Hopewell, 5 miles S of Flemington. Nice safe area...can antique shop down town. Make sure you make reseravtions early. It's small and popular, really great food. Even on a week night you can't do a walk in.

http://www.thebluebottlecafe.com/

Old 05-03-2007, 02:00 PM

Default Thanks!

thanks everyone - i wrote down a few, and checked out a few online. I LOVE the look of the Harvest Moon - how beautiful!

California Grill is too casual, and Clinton Inn is too far for the IL's - that's actually very close to where I live and they unfortunately just won't travel that distance.

Anyway - hopefully we can convince them to come out AND we can get reservations somewhere. Thanks again!

Old 08-21-2007, 05:45 AM

2 posts, read 9,938 times
Thumbs up The Harvest Moon is a world class restaurant with wonderful food & incredable presentations

My husband took me there for my birthday. I am from CA and I have the same problem there as here.... Why can't restaurants teach their servers not to call their customers "Guys" If I want to be one of the "Guys", I'll eat at Mickey D's. If I'm paying top dollar for excellent food, atmosphere, and service, I do NOT want the server to refer to me as "You Guys".
I'm not your buddy I'm your customer and the one deciding your tip. DON'T CALL ME A GUY! This really fries my chops!

Other than this one little slip, the restaurant was an incredable treat. Wonderful food, excellent presentation, and served in a timely mannor.
5 star restaurant with a 2 star teenage waiter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBrown View Post
The Harvest Moon Inn in Ringoes. Ringoes is a tiny village about 4 miles south of Flemington. (I live close by) been there...great for special nites out etc.

Google Harvest Moon Inn...lots of reviews online.

web site:

harvest.swf
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey