Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2009, 05:19 PM

2,210 posts, read 7,028,587 times

Advertisements

A friend was just pulled over, and ticketed for having that dark strip on the top of his windshield. The one that comes with pretty much every car.

No other violation - just according to the cop, the chief insists that nobody is going through HIS town with any tint on their windows.

Add Manville to the list of petty fiefdoms in NJ looking to squeeze every dime out of the states residents.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2009, 05:44 PM

1 posts, read 1,912 times
That's ridiculous! What is it with Jersey and their rules? Its a pretty small state for that many rules if you ask me...

Great state and location though!

Old 08-28-2009, 06:35 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,668,993 times
Yet there will still be gullable people who will defend these pigs. Just one more reason not to trust those domestic terrorists.

Just this week I notice the pigs are roaming Home Depot parking lots and ticketing people for no seat belt. This is on private property mind you where the pigs have no jurisdiction. I bet some suckers just pay it rather then going to court and fighting a sure loss for the pigs and the city they are extorting money for.

Old 08-28-2009, 07:01 PM

23,566 posts, read 17,241,593 times
Default grudge match in Manville

At least one guy has a grudge against QQ plates and sees any violation of use as insurance fraud..... not sure if Manville still has cruise nights.

Old 08-28-2009, 08:44 PM

1,057 posts, read 1,919,910 times
Was your friend's tint installed aftermarket? If so, it's a perfectly legal and reasonable citation. In fact, he may as well take the tints off now because his vehicle will not pass inspection anyway as long as it's illegally tinted. If it is OEM and came with the vehicle, the ticket should be thrown out if contested in court. The law does not consider OEM tinting from the manufacturer to be illegal.

There are very good reasons for anti-tint laws, the most useful of which is the fact that anyone can hide a weapon inside a vehicle and officers approaching the vehicle will not know it. Additionally, let's be honest, most of the cars that are heavily tinted are being driven absolutely wildly on the roads. Just my experience out there on our state's highways.

Old 08-28-2009, 11:35 PM

2,210 posts, read 7,028,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeradoDan View Post
Was your friend's tint installed aftermarket? If so, it's a perfectly legal and reasonable citation. In fact, he may as well take the tints off now because his vehicle will not pass inspection anyway as long as it's illegally tinted. If it is OEM and came with the vehicle, the ticket should be thrown out if contested in court. The law does not consider OEM tinting from the manufacturer to be illegal.
As I mentioned in the original post, it was the darker strip at the top of the windscreen - the car comes like that new.

Do you have a link for the OEM rule? I'd like to pass it on.

Old 08-29-2009, 12:25 AM

4,085 posts, read 8,790,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by autumnscenes View Post
That's ridiculous! What is it with Jersey and their rules? Its a pretty small state for that many rules if you ask me...

Great state and location though!
How do you make the leap from one incident in Manville reported by someone anonymous on an internet forum to being an indictment of all of "Jersey and their rules"??? That's pretty stupid.

Old 08-29-2009, 12:41 AM

1,638 posts, read 3,640,244 times
In this case, the incident in Manville seems to be a microcosm of New Jersey's general problem with rogue police departments wasting resources and extracting money from average citizens with strongarm tactics when they could be dealing with actual important matters.

Old 08-29-2009, 12:47 AM

4,085 posts, read 8,790,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReluctantGardenStater View Post
In this case, the incident in Manville seems to be a microcosm of New Jersey's general problem with rogue police departments wasting resources and extracting money from average citizens with strongarm tactics when they could be dealing with actual important matters.
Do you have any idea how stupid that sounds? In case you don't, I'll tell you - it sounds very stupid.

Old 08-29-2009, 01:15 AM

1,638 posts, read 3,640,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BergenCountyJohnny View Post
Do you have any idea how stupid that sounds? In case you don't, I'll tell you - it sounds very stupid.
Great job at proving me wrong, Johnny, or even making your own point clear.

We have a master of words here. A great debater.

I consider myself neutral when it comes to the police in this state - I support some actions they take and oppose others. I can't stand the blind morons on both sides who either chant "Pigs should be dead" or "They are the law and they know what's best; let's obey and never challenge anything they say/do".

Both sides need to wake up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey