Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2007, 08:58 AM

7 posts, read 30,516 times

Advertisements

is there ANYONE who may have lived in Millville? I hear the motorsports track has opened, and the artist village is thriving. I want to purchase our old family home and wonder if the town is still the same.
There is a lake called union lake which is magnificent and any home directly on it should be paradise.
Its been a long time, but I am trying to get back to my roots from Fla.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2007, 03:33 AM

11 posts, read 29,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrphil View Post
is there ANYONE who may have lived in Millville? I hear the motorsports track has opened, and the artist village is thriving. I want to purchase our old family home and wonder if the town is still the same.
There is a lake called union lake which is magnificent and any home directly on it should be paradise.
We are moving to Millville on April 28th. I do not believe the track has opened yet, as a matter of fact I don't think it has been started, I could be wrong. I do know this, I was up there the end of February and could not believe how much it has grown.

Old 06-08-2007, 08:10 AM

7 posts, read 35,109 times
Talking 10 miles from Millville

Hi! I was born and lived most of my growing up years in Millville. I now live in a town about 10 miles from there. The Motor Sport track has not opened nor has it even broken ground yet (it will be right next door to the Millville Airport).The town of Millville is beginning to boom. There are MANY new stores,Target, Kohls, Home Depot, Lowes, Pet Smart, either still being constructed or just recently opened. The down town arts district is very nice and there is usually something going on in town. Like any other town it has its problems and undesirable areas, but the ruling body is doing a wonderful job revitalizing the area. One town which I have to say is not a real good town to raise children in is Bridgeton. Their working on making it a better place but they still have a ways to go. If there is anything else I may be of help with please feel free to contact me. Sincerly, Kathy

Old 06-12-2007, 03:30 PM

15 posts, read 90,692 times
Default Millville

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrphil View Post
Hi. I currently live in Millville. The Motorsports Track hasn't even begun construction yet. The Arts district isn't even what I would call thriving. I will say that it is busy but ONLY because it is on High Street and that is a "main street". I will agree that the Union Lake area is nice. But you need to be careful about where you end up moving. Like any place, there are nice sections and not so nice sections of town. The best thing for you to do is to come and look for yourself and if you see a property you like, go past it at night. I wish you luck.

AngelicHali07

Old 06-21-2007, 05:43 PM

10 posts, read 97,384 times
what impact do you guys think the racetrack will have on property values for homes close to it?
what are the schools like in millville? i am considering a house there. thanks!!

Old 06-21-2007, 07:32 PM

15 posts, read 90,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pooneej View Post
what impact do you guys think the racetrack will have on property values for homes close to it?
what are the schools like in millville? i am considering a house there. thanks!!
I think the racetrack might have a good impact on property values for any homes. I didn't go to school here but have heard really bad things about the schools though. If you can, I would consider either sending your kids to private school or moving to either Upper Deerfield or Deerfield township which is Rosenhayn and Carmel. All are smaller towns and not that much crime. Good Luck.

AngelicHali07

Old 06-22-2007, 12:08 PM

229 posts, read 232,854 times
Rosenhayn and upper deerfield are beautiful YES however if you are looking for good schools.... better look elsewhere. Lots of project housing right around the upper deerfield schools and across the street. GO HAVE A LOOK SEE FOR YOUR OWN GOOD.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey