Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2007, 11:36 AM

58 posts, read 229,879 times

Advertisements

Specifically the part that borders on Maplewood.

I've heard less than stellar things about this town, but does it get bad as soon as one block from the Maplewood border?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2007, 09:10 AM

318 posts, read 451,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whome? View Post
Specifically the part that borders on Maplewood.

I've heard less than stellar things about this town, but does it get bad as soon as one block from the Maplewood border?
Don't expect to find good schools in Union. But the part that borders Maplewood probably isn't all that bad. I think it's much better then the section of Maplewood that borders Irvington.

Old 04-10-2007, 04:55 PM

28 posts, read 124,868 times
I live in Union Township and it was voted 22nd safest community in the U.S. http://www.uniontownship.com/. I live on the Springfield/Union border and have not had any incident of troubles. It's a multi-cultural place to live and I know of people who are seperating but want to same in the area for the schools. I feel on the next real estate bubble high Union will become one of 'those' towns. When I moved there 6 years ago the average price for a home was mid 200K. Now it's in the upper 300K to 400K. In another word a great town with out the snobbery.

Old 04-15-2007, 02:22 PM

857 posts, read 2,002,722 times
surfnbklyn,
you say you live on the union/Springfield border. That is the battle hill area, correct? I hear that this is one of the more desirable neighborhoods in union. which other areas are good, and which to be avoided?

Thanks

Old 04-17-2007, 09:19 AM

857 posts, read 2,002,722 times
Is anyone familiar with union township? The various neighborhoods? Real estate trends in the town?

Thanks!

Old 04-17-2007, 09:50 AM

28 posts, read 124,868 times
Default Union/Springfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by jy_2007 View Post
surfnbklyn,
you say you live on the union/Springfield border. That is the battle hill area, correct? I hear that this is one of the more desirable neighborhoods in union. which other areas are good, and which to be avoided?

Thanks
Correct I do live in the Battlehill section of Union. I would stay away from the Union/Irvington section.

Old 04-23-2007, 11:42 AM

181 posts, read 378,692 times
Stay away from the Irvington border. If you don't have any kids then don't worry about the schools. Other than that Union is pretty nice.

Old 10-04-2007, 07:34 PM

131 posts, read 605,256 times
Hi
I am a real estate agent in Union and i am resident of Union since early 1992 when i came from Poland . I own a 2 family house right on a border of Maplewood (behind house is Maplewood border) and also i own a house in Battlehill (behind house i have river which borders with Springfield). I know that some people will say that part close to Maplewood is not as good but i have been there since 1992 and its still safe and quiet. I sold a lot of houses there to friends of my there and all of them like it there and dont complain and even like it a lot. The section i would stay away from is Irvington border and thats about 3-4 streets right off Stuyvesant Ave, they are Hillside Ave, Ostwood Terr, William ST those are the worst streets probably. Besides those 3 streets Union is a very nice town to live in it. I know there are much better towns around it like Springfield but you also have to pay much more for same houses that you would pay in Union. If you are looking for a nice and safe town Union is pretty good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey