Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2009, 06:47 PM

593 posts, read 1,660,923 times

Advertisements

Seriously, my bro, friend and myself always go to the same pool hall every week. We also try to go to a mall (Garden State Plaza or Woodbridge) before the place closes. We have tried to go to clubs such as the Deko Lounge, some club that is now closed down in Morristown, and some club called Cryan's in South Orange but all these clubs for some reason has some anti social vibe where everybody seems to know each other either because they go to school together or they live on the same block. I don't want to bring this up but I've notice that the ladies which are mostly, almost all white seem to have an extreme stuck up attitude when they see a black guy or two.. (I'm black). They'll look at you funny, ignore your existence without you even talking to them. I don't know if it has to do with me being black but I find that extremely odd. I hear about those downtown functions in Newark where they have the parties going on in the hotels but I'm kind of scared of going to those because they're known to attact a few bad apples that start problems.

The strip clubs as well are weird. Besides V.I.P and Hott 22, there's way too many bikini clubs and that's wack. I'm down for the nudity. You know but a lot of them you can't even touch the strippers (Hott 22).

There's also no places of interest to go to. No tourist attractions, no late night hangout spots like New York does, and hell.. I'm scared to drive around being that the police love to harass black men especially in the predominantly white areas of New Jersey. I remember getting pulled over in Warren County driving in the woods with my brother and my friend just trying to have a good time because we had no where to go and the police decided to get their harrassment on and intimidate us. I'm scared to go back outthere fearing these police officers will kill us and make up a lie saying we had guns so they had to protect themselves.

I'm getting tired of going to the same old places especially the mall and pool hall, driving around to nowhere and doing the same old **** basically. Basically, if you don't know people out here or on a university campus (and even there you have to look like hell for people that throw parties), then you're screwed. I do not plan on waiting another month or two just for Seaside Heights to open to have fun. That's just retarded.

So anybody has any suggestions or whatever? This is one of the reasons why I want to move out of New Jersey. There's nothing here to do except reside. I'm looking for places to go to in the day and nighttime that you either have to pay or not pay for. I can't keep going to New York all the time now nor can I be looking at clubplanet or googling for spots to go to that end up saying there's nowhere to go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2009, 06:54 PM

1,495 posts, read 5,046,475 times
Where do you live? JErsey CIty has places to hang out.

Old 04-14-2009, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven1976 View Post
Where do you live? JErsey CIty has places to hang out.

I live around South Orange/Maplewood.

But Jersey City though, really? I been around there a couple of times to the mall and such. What they have outthere?

Old 04-14-2009, 08:05 PM

1,495 posts, read 5,046,475 times
I know that Grove street has lots of bars, small restaurants, and odd places.

I would recommend Washington St. in Hoboken also, but Hoboken is a bit more full of snobby people.

Old 04-14-2009, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven1976 View Post
I know that Grove street has lots of bars, small restaurants, and odd places.

I would recommend Washington St. in Hoboken also, but Hoboken is a bit more full of snobby people.

Thanks, I'll check it out. As long as it's somewhere different because I'm kind of losing it upstairs.

Old 04-14-2009, 08:36 PM

199 posts, read 526,309 times
You start the thread as "seriously speaking" and then you go on about how you're afraid of getting killed by the "racist" cops in western NJ? Give me a break. What a broad, sweeping (untrue) generalization of police.

Old 04-15-2009, 07:46 PM

2 posts, read 8,741 times
Must not be a black man if you don't understand the reality of being harrassed by the police . . .

Anyway, angerinthenation - it really depends on what you are trying to do. In South Orange, I hear Voro's in nice and I think they have something on Thursday nights. There are a few decent places in Newark - The Spot on Commerce and Key Club on Park Place. They have a couple of after work nights during the week and late nights on the weekends. Hoboken is a fun place to hang out if you're just looking for bars. As for malls, my preference is Menlo Park.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey